Confession: I'm scared to see him again.

Options
Tomorrow is a big day for me. My friend that I havent seen on over five years is coming to see me. We met and got really close, unfortunately he got stationed in Greece and had to leave. (Active Navy duty). The last time he saw me I was over 300lbs.
He does keep up with me through face book, emails, phone calls etc....He knows all about my weightloss journey etc..He has been my rock, my support through two failed relationships, job changes, and everything in between. In over 5 years we have never went more than 2 weeks without emailing each other or fb messenger. So why am I so nervous and scared to finally see him again? When I was heavier, I was more comfortable around him.
Oh Gosh I cant believe I am even posting this up!
Before:
3-3.jpg
010.jpg
Now:
pic5.jpg
fairday.jpg
pic2.jpg

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You look great! You have nothing to be worried about, maybe you are nervous about his reaction? He will be very proud, don't worry :) Congrats! Keep it up! You haven't seen him in ages so it's normal to be nervous, just remind yourself how much hard work you have put in to get those amazing results, you have every right to be confident. Good luck! xx
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whoop! Whoop! I hear wedding bells in the distance... You are gonna knock his socks off girl! Way to GO!!! :smooched:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    He will love you just as much as ever!
  • jnoire
    jnoire Posts: 43
    Options
    You look fantastic! Don't worry about a thing!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss girl, you look awesome, good luck!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have romantic feelings for him. And you look BEYOND incredible!!! Good luck to you :wink:
  • fatcookieblogs
    Options
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. He's supported you for so long, he will be glad to see you. And you look great.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    Everything that was right between you before is still right now. Just take a deep breath and "jump into the pool". You might find out that the result is that you both get to be happy.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Firstly, I want to say you look beautiful and very well done!
    Sometimes when I am seeing someone for the first time in ages, I get butterflies in my stomach - even if I don't necessarily have romantic feelings for them, but that is sometimes the case (not that I am saying it is for you). When it isn't romantic, it is often just the anticipation - all these emotions just curdling in my stomach. it's kind of like when I was little and I got to go to six flags for the first time and as my family was driving closer to the theme park, I could see the rides and I started feeling this nervous anticipation that wasn't going to let up until I WAS IN THAT PARK having fun. I know that sounds silly, but those kind of good/nervous feelings remind me of that. Lol.

Anyway, I am sure once you see him and finally get to hang out with him again, everything will feel fine. You are still you (and he knows that), even if you have physically changed. :)
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful and your friend will love to see you :) enjoy it and have lots of fun xx
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and still "you." Don't worry. He obviously cares for you just as you are, so no need to be apprehensive. Just enjoy spending time with your friend. Big deep breath! :smile:
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I sense you think he might be more than just a friend? By the way you look amazing! You'll give him a nice surprise, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you :)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I sense you think he might be more than just a friend? By the way you look amazing! You'll give him a nice surprise, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you :)
    When we first met it was to date, but we got too comfortable with each other and became really great friends. He eventually left to Greece and dated then married a girl (it ended in a divorce a short time later). I care too much for him and would never jepordize our friendship over a fling. Thankyou all for your encouraging words.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    OMG! You look AMAZING! If I were you, I wouldn't be scared at all, just excited to see him. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you too as soon as he's home. You only lost weight, you didn't lose YOU! :happy: