My progress so far - 340s to 188

Options
Hi everybody. I can't begin to tell you how nervewracking this is, but tonight I decided to take some pictures of myself (some of which involve a bikini and they will never see the light of day until I am toned and sexy!) and I thought I would share my progress so far. It's really hard for me to see my progress myself so I thought maybe this would help me.

I have horrible, horrible self esteem so I can't tell you how scary it is to post these images. I really don't have many pictures of me at my heaviest (somewhere around 340 lbs. as a teenager) because I was so ashamed, I wouldn't let myself have my picture taken. It is still very hard for me to take pictures because I feel I look hideous head to toe, but I am working on that very hard and I thought this would be a good step in the right direction of improving my self esteem, too :)

Before:
29392541_462.jpg
29392541_1288.jpg
29392541_9641.jpg

First picture is of me as a teenager, not quite at my heaviest. Second picture is from December 2009, I weighed about 260 then. Picture of me in the dress is me at about 230 earlier this spring, before I joined MFP.

29392541_4366.jpg
29392541_4477.jpg

Me at 188 lbs... first time under 200 in as long as I can remember :)

I don't have my measurements from when I was at my worst, but at my heaviest as a teen I was wearing XXL shirts and size 26/28 pants. When I was in the 250 range, I was wearing XL shirts and 18/20 pants. Right now I am wearing L shirts and just bought my first pair of size 14s last week.

I am always looking for motivation and support, especially with the self esteem issues I'm trying to tackle right now, which is why I thought this would be a good place to post these pictures :) I hope maybe these will give other gals and guys some, well, hope! I know I'm not there yet, but I've come a long way and I'm not going to stop now.

Replies

• chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look extremely beautiful, you should be proud of yourself a wish to have your dedication
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Amazing! Well done!!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm really proud of you and your work... as well as your bravery.

Thanks for lending me some inspiration on a really hard day.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! You should be Very proud!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    you are looking fit and healthy!
    keep truckin along you can do anything you set your mind to!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow well done!
  • fatcookieblogs
    Options
    You've done an amazing job!
  • maddiesmom513
    maddiesmom513 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your journey is an inspiration for those of us who have a lot to lose. Thanks for being brave enough to share.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Beautiful curves btw!
  • jnoire
    jnoire Posts: 43
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Great job!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Try to see yourself as you are rather than as you were. This is hard because we view ourselves and the world around us through prisms of our past. We tend to see ourselves as unchanged. Keep up the great work and you are on the right track. Best wishes. Look forward to seeying those AFTER SHOTS....
  • roxyhourican
    roxyhourican Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you , and also admire your hard work :) congratulations
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way! That's really impressive that you've been able to work so hard and stick to it so well.
    You look great!
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing beyond words <3 I am so glad I found this website. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Reading your comments has really lifted my spirits like nothing else could :)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Very awesome job!! WTG!! The difference is outstanding & You have such a beautiful mix of hour glass & pear shape love it!! Wonderful job1
  • mrsgigandet
    Options
    Thanks so much! I've always had wide hips and a bubble butt, but they've been hidden under fat and flab... so excited to finally show them off :)
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!
  • mrsgigandet
    Options
    Thanks so much :)