losing the diet weight!

Options
Hello all!
nice to be back with good news!
i have started dieting and exercising on the 31st of October, weighing 75.9 kilo's .... i decided to stop all the yoyo diets and starvation and do it the right time, cause i kept gaining all the weight back.. and then some!

i started to watch what i eat and exercise with the 30 days shred with Jillian's DVD.... and i gained up to 2 kilo's on the first week!!!! but i continued, now am on day 16 (missed two days of shred) and i weigh almost 76.5 it keeps going up to 77 and down to 76.3 and lost about an inch and a half from my tummy!!! feels nice but i still wonder why i gained the weigh at the beginning and weigh it keeps fluctuating! some of MFP's said it water weight or am not eating enough, now i eat more, but how to make it work better or faster???!!

Replies

• kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would assume normal weight fluctuations on top of the muscle that you are probably building is the reason for the weight gain and change. If you've lost inches, I don't think the pounds really matter too much! You'd be surprised when you weigh more than your starting weight, yet look better than you did when you were supposedly "thinner" by what your weight said.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I would assume normal weight fluctuations on top of the muscle that you are probably building is the reason for the weight gain and change. If you've lost inches, I don't think the pounds really matter too much! You'd be surprised when you weigh more than your starting weight, yet look better than you did when you were supposedly "thinner" by what your weight said.

It's not muscle. The OP is eaing at a big deficit (1200) and doing no weight training. As a female (or male) you need high protein, consistant training with heavy weights and a calorie surplus to be able to build any muscle. Even then it's a long road. It's not something you can do in 2 weeks of following a fitness DVD.

OP if you are eating at a reasonable deficit there is no reason why you shouldn't be losing. I would say work out your TDEE and eat between 10%-20% under it. Without any more info theres not much else I could say about it. Just keep eating at a modest deficit and give it time.