Hiya everyone!

Options
My name is Heather. I've been heavy all of my life and while I've learned to accept and love myself, flaws and all, I want to get healthier. I've kind of started and stopped dieting/working out but recently I jumped on the scale out of curiosity and saw that I am at 217lbs., I've never seen the scale that high. I'm a New Yorker so I'm on the go a lot and my job requires me to be on my feet all day, running around. However my food habits are awful! Dairy and fried foods are kind of my vice. I have a major problem with portion control, eating when I'm bored as well as eating and then being sedentary or going to sleep for the day.

I signed up for MFP a while ago but it never went anywhere. I then downloaded the app and actually spent more time looking around and logging my food for the past few days has been a real eye opener! I'm hoping this time it will stick and I can finally make a change.

Replies

• pgfatty
    pgfatty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    welcome

good luck with ur weight loss

take care:flowerforyou:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you've found this site. It is totally awesome. Logging your food everyday can be a real eye-opener. I don't eat fried foods anymore. I either cook them in pam or bake them in the oven. I have trouble getting my fruits and veggies in everyday. I have a sedentary life due to being disabled, but I am going to stop using that as an excuse and get up and get moving. Having a group of friends can really be helpful on your journey to a healthy life. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    welcome. add me as a friend if you like. i log everyday. i've been doing it for a month and it has totally changed the way I eat. if i know i have to write it down i think about it. Also i got a small kitchen scales and started weighing everything and that has really pulled my portion control into line. best of luck.