New to fitnesspal

Options
hey everyone :)

I am a stay at 1st time around home mom of an healthy 8 month old boy. I was a bit over weight before my pregnancy and now I have hit my highest weight. I have a hard time playing with my son, I get winded and i hate the way I look. I thought I would start being proactive with what I do. Any advice from any members?

Hope I can get to know some of you through this process.

Giulia

Replies

• tazlady
    Options
    STAY AT home mom. married to a wonderful Man . although my kids are grown now. and this is my second marraige . I find that this stage of my life promises more focus on me.. Moving around due to hubbys job so doesnt give me alot of time to persue employment. Times are hard so we do what we have to.. Entering a new phase of my life at 46 and moved 3 times in 3 yrs and on the move again in the next few months.. Not in the military.. Have had trouble keeping weight off cause I am was an emotional eater.. Trying hard to fight it .. and substitute all the junk I used to eat with good solids foods.. I watched Supersize me and that is a real inspiration to help me on my weight loss heathy fitness goal. I left pa over 2 yrs ago wt at 211 we bought a treadmill which i USED to do 20 minutes a week.. Now I go to the gym almost every day and do tread mill for 30 to 45 minutes. It is a great stress relief and I love the feelin I get when i get off of the treadmill and bike ride back to the apartment.. I am 46 looking forward to 46 more years of the challenges ahead of me. But for now take it one day at a time .
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome and you are on the right path. You will find a lot of encouragement and others who started out in the same boat. Set your goals and stick to them.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

once you log EVERYTHING that you put into your mouth, and stick to your calories, you should see results

drink lots of water, at least 2 litres a day

and try some gentle exercise to start

good luck :heart:
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This is what works for me, and you're welcome to try it. I've found in my past, my failures stemmed from setting a goal way too far ahead in advance. Now don't get me wrong, goals are definitely needed but my problem was I'd set a goal of say, a year from now. What would happen is I'd only focus on that goal that was so far out, it got discouraging, especially if I felt I wasn't seeing the results I was hoping for en route to that goal. I then changed my thinking up by having a goal of, for example, "hmmm lemme walk on my lunch break every day this week," or even "after work I'm going to the gym." So, instead of making goals I wouldn't see until a year from now, I gave a goal every day, or every other day, etc. That way, you can say "hell yes! I marched on my lunch break today!" Then you'd be proud of yourself for doing just that. My point is, make little goals to just get yourself going, even if it's as simple as taking a half hour walk after hubby gets home (and he can watch yer little yungin!). Little goals spread out, that way when totaled equal your big goal! The first step is always the hardest but it gets easier.
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome!! I am a Stay at home mom too. My son is 2 years old. I gained weight during my pregnancy and still haven't lost it. I started MFP at the first of the year because I am having a hard time keeping up with my 2 year old and we want to have another baby too. I have lost 12lbs since Jan 2nd. This site is awesome and you can meet alot of people on hear to help with encouragement. You can do it. :-) It is hard but it will be worth it in the end. :-) You can add me as a friend if you like. Take Care Tonya
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    just started this about a week ago and i have lost two lbs i have a 4 1/2 mth old and trying to lose my stomach. although ive never hit below 140 my goal is 145 for now then 5 more lbs. i try to do 5 lb increments to i don't lose track. but so far its helped/