Feeling so stressed.

Options
I have two large exams looming in January along with a critical review deadline for next week which I really need to be working harder for but have constantly been putting off.i have always been this way- I can't seem to motivate myself to get the work done until I actually have a mad rush trying to complete it all at the end.

Originally I had lost 5 pounds and was doing well and going to the gym but In these past two weeks i have put on a pound which I am angry at myself for because I over eat when I feel stressed. I can never just have one of anything it has to be the whole lot. I do live with my parents but there is no peace at all- just constant arguing and yelling which makes me feel worse.

Although I Know my mother means well but the cooking she makes daily is very calorific hence I have been overweight as a child, if she cooks something and I refuse to eat she does get irritated and angry with me saying in should be grateful as she spent so long cooking so I give in. She herself is very overweight and I resent her making herself ill and not keeping me in check when i was younger.

Any advice?

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I really empathise. I procrastinate too and leave everything to the last minute then bust my butt to get it done. All or nothing - no moderation or middle ground. It's like I enjoy the drama or stress. You're in a no win situation with your mum too. She's unlikely to change so you need to keep doing what's right for you. Can you do your own food? Keep up with the gym cause its a great stress relief and will give you a sense of accomplishment. With that sense of achievement you can start tackling the things you've been putting off. Do you think you don't deserve any better? Do you feel a need to punish yourself? You deserve happiness, you are worthy of love and happiness, you deserve to treat your body respect by eating well and exercising.
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are so stressed but you are not alone! Try to focus on one thing at a time. Trying to juggle school, deadlines and diet are manageable but it takes time and patience. If you are studying or going to the gym..... try to be in the moment. I have found if I list what I am going to eat before I eat it, it gives me an accurate amount of calories to make a better decision. Works a lot of the time. Invest in a good pair of headphones or ear plugs to block out the noise at home or study at the library. Hoping for a less stressful day for you and good luck on your exams =)