Sore Muscles from Weights - Any Tips to Help (ouch)

Options
2»

Replies

• baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    muscle soreness(delayed onset muscle soreness) is good. mostly caused by lactic acid in muscles. goes away in a few days. light cardio can help flush the muscles. good luck!
  • LisaMariaMuir
    LisaMariaMuir Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to do a stretch of the muscle you've just worked out immediately so if you're using the bicep muscle, give your bicep a stretch before moving onto the next muscle group. Also continue to stretch afterwards for the whole body. Stretching is the most important thing you can do. The after your work-out, try to get some protein into your body within 20 mins for assistance in muscle repair - a small can of tuna in your gym bag will help or a protein drink but watch the carb content.

Good luck with DOMS. It's a killer but such a satisfying feeling too!
  • rachel_challenge
    Options
    cool water, will increase your circulation and you will feel better tomorrow. I just recently did a boot camp and at the end of the day we were dump in a cold water bucket....it really made a difference, good luck!
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Water always helped me! I eat alot of bananas which are also good for you. I also learned to love the pain though. if i dont hurt, i didnt workout hard enough!
  • lkc2854
    lkc2854 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating days of cardio/weight training with a warm water aerobics class and it really helps with the soreness. I go to the warm water aerobics class on M, W, F and do my cardio and weight training on T and Th. Working out in the warm water really helps to alleviate the sore muscles associated with the weight training -- especially when I bump it up on the weights every few weeks. I also have a moist heating pad that helps if I've REALLY overdone it on the weights.
  • shopgirl4119
    shopgirl4119 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Advocare's Nighttime Recovery is wonderful! Take at night before bed on days you have had an intense workout. Saved me plenty of times! I even took it last year after severely spraining my ankle to help it heal faster. Love it! www.Advocare.com/10026853
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    Learn to love the pain - if I need to crawl upstairs I know I worked out well

No, no.... it's not the going up that tells you you had a good workout --- it's coming back DOWN those steps! LMAO

or trying to sit on the toilet lol
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Learn to love the pain - if I need to crawl upstairs I know I worked out well

No, no.... it's not the going up that tells you you had a good workout --- it's coming back DOWN those steps! LMAO

or trying to sit on the toilet lol

Or trying to get off the toilet.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I seem to stay in a state of soreness because i am constantly being pushed out of my comfort zone but the initial deep soreness i felt at first is gone.

^^^ THIS! I sometimes wonder if my butt, hamstrings & quads are ever NOT going to be just a little sore - but I kinda like it. :bigsmile:

Icy hot has become my fragrance of choice these days lol.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Savor the soreness. Pain is weakness leaving the body!