Nike+Ipod

Options
For those of you who have the Nike+Ipod, do you still like it? I'm thinking about getting this. Anyone using this and an HRM? I'm just curious to know if the calorie counter is pretty accurate with the sensor.

Replies

• veganmommy04
    Options
    bump. because i'm curious too. i just got an iphone and saw the app on there and was curious as well. so i hope you get some answers lol!!
  • johnnyboy31ok
    Options
    I love it, it works great with my iPhone. Plus you can have it post your results to Facebook automatically.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm just not sure how accurate it is. Like with everything, online reviews are very mixed. I was using it a lot before the holidays. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things so I bought a Bowflex HRM yesterday because I wanted to compare results with my Nike +. The nice thing about the Nike app on the iPhone is that it tracks not only calories and time, but distance too. Also, I love the 'power song' feature. I really like how there's a whole online community as well, and that you can pick groups to join. It's excellent motivation. Hey, if there's enough interest on MFP to start an MFP group on there, that would be super cool! Anyway, just thought I'd put in my $.02.

Oh yeah, and you can have it post to Facebook AND Twitter, if you're into the whole showing off thing...lol. I have my lil Nike Mini Me on my Facebook :)
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I bought the sensor then learned my new Nike shoes don't have a slot for it. :frown:
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bought the sensor then learned my new Nike shoes don't have a slot for it. :frown:
    I think there's a way to attach them to your laces. Try googling it maybe?
  • msaracione
    Options
    You can buy a little attachment piece for about $6 to tie the sensor on to your laces... I had Nike+ shoes but I like my Asics better and I've been using the tie-on piece for over two years and the accuracy is just as good.

I use both the Nike+ and a HRM and the Nike+ calories estimate much LOWER than the actual calorie burn shown on my HRM. I which there was a product that had both so I could get my accurate calorie burn and my total miles with the same product... ??
  • diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    U can attach is using Velcro. or if you Google it there is a demo how u can wrap it up in a zip lock bag and place between ur laces so it does not move. I had this for about a week :( since the majority of my running is done on an elliptical it doesn't track anything .. but the device it awesome in the ways it can sync up with your iphone.
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I had no idea. I will look into the laces thing. I thought you had to literally step on it to have it register.

With my luck, i'll get the sensor working then have the iPhone sych issue. :laugh:
    I do a lot of cross fit type stuff so it would be nice to have it.