flatlined.....this info on this site is wrong

Options
Ok I had my weight at 140 and holding...thats what I like to see ...then it went to 142 and now its staying there...I pretty much eat the same things every week..now every time I finish my diary it says I will weigh 126 pounds...not even close.
I run or bike or do Tabatas every day 7 days a week.
Whats the deal

Replies

• LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Why do you work out every day?

And you don't log food in your diary every day....so its hard to give you an answer.

Possibly though not eating enough calories to support the exercise that you are doing. Possibly. Like say is hard to give an answer when you don't use your food diary.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Ignore what the site says you will weigh in 5 weeks. Depends on where you have your calories set and whether you are eating your calories back. I agree with Lottie that you shouldn't work out every day, particularly cardio. Take a day or two off. And add some weights. I work out 5 days a week--3 cardio, 3 weights (Saturdays I do both) and eat over 2000 calories, and I'm having a problem maintaining--keep losing and having to eat more.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't pay any attention to what MFP says you will weigh in five weeks. That is totally a guess...not a for sure thing. Two pounds may just be water. Going up or down a little is quite normal.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Don't go by that number, its messed up and wrong and should be taken out by MFP to be hoenst
  • DuncRx7
    DuncRx7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With the MFP thing being an automated guess and it not taking into account about one million different variables I would suggest (like everything else online) you take it with a pinch of salt. You should make adjustments to your diet/routine yourself and let the scales be the judge. :)
  • skcoyote
    Options
    I agree with everything here. In addition, let me take another couple of shots in the dark:

It might not hurt to double check your profile/goals, and then perhaps review your top 5 or 10 foods and exercises to make sure they're accurate. Once in a while there's a dud in the database (users can submit, but there isn't much for review). If you entered calories for any exercises yourself, you might want to especially recheck those, as you will burn significantly fewer calories doing the same activity if you have dropped 58lbs. (Congrats on losing 58lbs, by the way!)

Especially with your activity level and current weight, conversion of fat to muscle (yay!) might be a significant factor. Plateaus are also very common. How long have you been at 140?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    What you will weigh in 5 weeks would be so much more accurate if it looked at the last 30 days and projected that information forward. "if you eat and exercise like you have in the past 30 days, in 5 weeks, you will weigh xxx". But, since it's just based on that one day, it's very much off.
  • Boycie
    Boycie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to change up your routine - maybe your body's just got used to what you are doing so nothing's changing. Plus - take a rest day!!

I think the 5wks weight is handy as a guide to show you're going in the right direction but obviously it can't be right all the time everyone.
  • viktoriaakills
    Options
    I think the "in 5 weeks" thing is helpful, tbh. For me, at least, I can judge if I have eaten too much, as I will gain, or if I'm eating a decent amount.. And, tbh, every day isn't the same, and it's saying, hypothetically, if every day were the same recorded calories and excersize this is what you would weigh.. But we change our schedules.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but 140lbs seems light for a 53 year old male anyway. How tall are you?
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have been at 140 range about 8 months
  • cvcman
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but 140lbs seems light for a 53 year old male anyway. How tall are you?

Im about 5'8" tall...I still have some paunch around my gut but am in 31" waist pants...dont get me wrong im not complaining too much its just that I would like to stay at 140...people say im too skinny but my Dr says im fine
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yuo have only logged about three days in the last three weeks, maybe you are eating more than you think.
  • cvcman
    Options
    Why do you work out every day?

And you don't log food in your diary every day....so its hard to give you an answer.

Possibly though not eating enough calories to support the exercise that you are doing. Possibly. Like say is hard to give an answer when you don't use your food diary.

I was doing my food daily but again I pretty much eat the same thing everyday....I dont buy eating more and I will weigh less...
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Seeing as not every day is like one single day, I don't pay attention to the 5-week projected weight. It does reassure me that my efforts are taking me in the right direction, though.
  • cvcman
    Options
    Ignore what the site says you will weigh in 5 weeks. Depends on where you have your calories set and whether you are eating your calories back. I agree with Lottie that you shouldn't work out every day, particularly cardio. Take a day or two off. And add some weights. I work out 5 days a week--3 cardio, 3 weights (Saturdays I do both) and eat over 2000 calories, and I'm having a problem maintaining--keep losing and having to eat more.

I would think IF I dont work out everyday I would gain some weight ??? I do some upper body dumbell hamer curls 3 times a week but I figure with the biking and running my legs are strong enough
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Ok I had my weight at 140 and holding...thats what I like to see ...then it went to 142 and now its staying there...I pretty much eat the same things every week..now every time I finish my diary it says I will weigh 126 pounds...not even close.
    Whats the deal

A lot more information is needed. How long were you at 140? How long at 142? Have you taken measurements? Are you properly measuring your food? Are you correctly estimating calories burned?
  • cvcman
    Options
    Yuo have only logged about three days in the last three weeks, maybe you are eating more than you think.

No I know what im eating and the days I dont log are repeat of the days I did...go back in my diary you will see...I eat salads for lunch everyday with cashews for a snack and supper and the wine after is the same week after week...im a boring guy
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Whats the deal

If you are eating the same thing every week, your body might be used to it. Just like a workout, you need to occasionally mix things up. Also, if you don't log your food everyday, you cant be sure you aren't over eating.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

No I know what im eating and the days I dont log are repeat of the days I did...go back in my diary you will see...I eat salads for lunch everyday with cashews for a snack and supper and the wine after is the same week after week...im a boring guy

This could be the problem. Your body said OK this is it and we will just stay right here.