protein

Options
i dont understand why i'm always over my protein. is that really a problem? doesnt protein make you stay full longer? i dont get it!!!

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as you're eating healthfully, it's okay to go over on protein. Protein is essential for creating muscle.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    protien is okay to go over on...it wont hurt you unless you are going over like hundreds of grams
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other members comment, as long as you are keeping it health and balancing your protien with carb you are fine. Although it would be tasty, I would not recommend eating steak all day. :laugh:
    A general guideline is 0.36 g of protien per lb of body weight. If you weigh 150 lbs would be about 54 g/day.
    I'm not sure how many calories you consume per day but the recommended amount of protien is under 30% or you caloric intake.

I personally try to eat 40% protien, 40% carb, and 20% fat but this is not a life long goal. I only plan to stay on this diet for 6 months. I wish I was over on my protien, I struggle to get to my number. :wink:

The side effects of too much protien is that it puts additional stress on your kidneys.
  • divnesavvy
    Options
    Glad u posted this! i asked my mom that the other day cuz im usually over on my protein too! dang megans got it down! def. helpful!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Lol, lucky :) I'm usually under!
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    MFP sets the bar for protein way too low for someone who exercises on a regular basis....dont wory about it ;)
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    MFP sets the bar for protein way too low for someone who exercises on a regular basis....dont wory about it ;)