5lbs weightloss in the first week

Options
ive lost 5lbs in my first week thanks to myfitnesspal is this normally the average or will it slow down ?

Replies

• gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You will probably slow down. I did the first time I lost 40 pounds. This time i've lost between 0.8 and 2.6 pounds a week. It feels good to lose fast, but just celebrate that you're loosing, not how much you've lost and you will always be happy.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 in about 5 months. Everyone is different lol.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    i guess you're going to slow down but at the beginning it's normal to lose more than after so keep yourself motivated:)
  • Rannybanani
    Rannybanani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my first 4 weeks went like this... 8/2/5/2
    with the exception of vaca's I've lost most every week since starting May 14th of this year.
    currently at a 53 pound total loss
    keep at it and good luck.
  • lubbielou
    lubbielou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lb in my first week and it as now slowed down, im loosing 0.5lb to a 1lb may be 2lb a week if im lucky, all i keep thinking is that its a lose and not a gain so im happy with the weigh coming off slowly.
    I do need more motivation in activities/exercise if anyone can help

Thanks clare :flowerforyou:
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on a few things including your diet previously. I have always eaten quite healthy foods (just too much of them) when i diet I only ever lose 1lb-1.5lb in my first week because I dont have a lot of water weight to lose maybe? I continue to lose at the same sort of level afterwards also
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    with the exception of vaca's I've lost most every week since starting May 14th of this year.

Was this with exercise as well?
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How motivating; that's great! The rate of loss will more than likely slow down. There might even be weeks when your weight bumps up a little for no reason you can figure out. The inner workings of the body can be a mysterious thing.
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do you have a WII?
    Just Dance Games have this section called "Just Sweat". I play with my 9 year old son. It is a blast and you do sweat. If you can't do the moves perfectly, like me (no rhythem! LOL), it's ok.....it is fun and I always feel good after doing it.
    And my son gets a good laugh from it too.....but that's OK..... he is watching his mommy shrink before his eyes......that is some motivation!! Walking is good too. My co-workers and I try to walk at least 3 days a week for about 20 - 30 mins on our lunch hour.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! YOU CAN DO IT!! :-)
  • lubbielou
    lubbielou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes i got wii, also got wii fit and zumba but thinking i may need more fitness games. i need to get motivated quick x
    :blushing:
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lb in my first week and it as now slowed down, im loosing 0.5lb to a 1lb may be 2lb a week if im lucky, all i keep thinking is that its a lose and not a gain so im happy with the weigh coming off slowly.
    I do need more motivation in activities/exercise if anyone can help

Thanks clare :flowerforyou:

I love the boxercise type dvds (you can get on you tube) fun and a workout too
    Wii step when I have a few minutes to spare and want to squeeze in a bit of movement lol
  • 0161tracy
    0161tracy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi yes i have a wii, think i will charge the remotes up and get on it michael jacksons and the black eyed peas are good ones but i do have all the just dance one and they do make you sweat!!! tomorrow the wii its is haha x
  • Rannybanani
    Rannybanani Posts: 98 Member
    Options

sure was, as much as I could handle at the time. I was able to walk for about 6 or 8 min. at about a mile to a mile and a half speed. It was 6 months for me yesterday and I have been steadily increasing my activity as I'm able and have finished c25k in 11 weeks and am now working on increasing my speed. today I went 3.89 miles at about 4.5 speed. I do a weight lifting program here at home and started that with 3 pound weights and was able to do 2 or 3 reps only but kept at it and I'm at 20 pounds doing 15 and 20 reps. I know it's nothing compared to the real fitness people but I'm going at my speed and getting better and stronger every day.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options

sure was, as much as I could handle at the time. I was able to walk for about 6 or 8 min. at about a mile to a mile and a half speed. It was 6 months for me yesterday and I have been steadily increasing my activity as I'm able and have finished c25k in 11 weeks and am now working on increasing my speed. today I went 3.89 miles at about 4.5 speed. I do a weight lifting program here at home and started that with 3 pound weights and was able to do 2 or 3 reps only but kept at it and I'm at 20 pounds doing 15 and 20 reps. I know it's nothing compared to the real fitness people but I'm going at my speed and getting better and stronger every day.

That is so inspirational :) So glad to see you have steadily challenged yourself to do more. Good for you. I was wondering if the losses might have been less with exercise added so its great to see the steady loss for you.