Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I've started telling my daughters I'm beautiful

Lovely quick little read to start your day:

http://offbeatmama.com/2012/11/telling-daughters-im-beautiful

"They teach me everything. They are babies and they teach me what it means to be a person... They have never doubted how wonderful I am. They have never doubted my beauty. How confusing it must have been for them to see me furrowing my brow in the mirror and sucking in my stomach and sighing."

x

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Great thought!!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    My daughter has a new friend in school who needed a ride home from a dance. I had never met this girl before. She hopped in and first thing out of her mouth was "whoa, you are so beautiful" I must have stuttered an awkward response because my daughter answered a thank you for me. I am still blown away by this 11 year old girl.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    My daughter has a new friend in school who needed a ride home from a dance. I had never met this girl before. She hopped in and first thing out of her mouth was "whoa, you are so beautiful" I must have stuttered an awkward response because my daughter answered a thank you for me. I am still blown away by this 11 year old girl.

That's lovely. It's easy to forget how children see things, how they see us. My daughter said something recently about how pretty I was and it struck up a whole conversation about self-image and eating right and taking care of our bodies. I love that she thinks I'm pretty. It makes me want to take better care of myself always, inside and out.
  • holdthis
    holdthis Posts: 28 Member
    We are our own worst critics! We need to learn to love ourselves. Isn'tt that why we are on this journey?
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    I tell my daughter everyday that she's the most beautiful girl in the world, she is, and I don't ever want her to feel like I did growing up, she makes me feel so much better when she tells me i'm beautiful, which she does quite often usually when I'm getting ready to go out.