15 Minutes of Fame

Options
louisey112
louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes ~ Any Warhol

What has been your 15 minute claim to fame? Maybe you were on TV for something, maybe you won an award in front of a lot of people, maybe you outran a horde of zombies ....

Me - I was once on the news at the premier of Jean Claude Van Damme's movie "Sudden Death" that was filmed here in Pittsburgh. I used to love him back in the day and froze my butt off waiting to get a glimpse of him (and when I did I was disppointed in how short he was...haha). Anyway, the the local news was there and made a beeline for me and my friend - bright light blinding me and microphone in my face .... it was very intimidating, but I made the news story that night ..

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Being on MFP is my 15 minutes of fame . . . I just refused to stop attention whoring when my 15 minutes was up.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When I lived in LA, I used to model (not a super model or anything like that) but I did a radio interview and I did a few tv commericals and some extra parts in movies. It was really fun. I was a judge for The Miss California Sunshine Pageant. haha
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I've been to the Jerry Springer show twice and ended up on screen both times asking questions and pissing off the panel. The first one was I'm sleeping with the babysitter, I believe it was sometime back in '05. \m/
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was in several hair shows when I tried modeling(which is HYSTERICAL I have awful hair)

at a local one, I was the only one brave enough to wear a see through blouse on the runway.
    Yep. That's my fame.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Played one game for the New York Islanders vs Detroit Red Wings back in 1995!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I was one of the kids on one of the Joe Negri's Adventure Time shows...I think we had to raise money to be there.

I was an extra (walked across the street in the background in a scene) in one of THE VERY WORST movies of all time, "Knightriders"

My parents were extras in another classic, "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh".

Edited because I got my movies mixed up!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This probably doesn't count...

I was in colorguard in the marching band in college. Our usual routine at that particular moment was to form a straight line behind the band and perform standing still. That morning, our director threw us a curve ball and told us to march off field at that end of that section. I don't do well with last minute changes to routine.

As we settled into a few counts behind the band, the camera guy came right up to me and asked what we were about to do. I completely forgot the last minute change and told him we were staying here. He knelt down and filmed me. *kitten*! I tried not to be flustered. I smiled at the fans, ignored the camera, and tossed and twirled my flag.

Until my fellow flag member to my right bumped into me. Then I remembered we were supposed to march off field, exit stage left. I sincerely hope that was not televised. Probably wasn't as it was college, and those lousy networks almost never show the band. But I bet it was on the jumbotron.

oy.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Worked in the explosives industry.
    We were involved in a few things.
    Movies: The Hulk, Mr and Mrs Smith, Pearl Harbor, Terminator 3.
    Concerts: Carrot Top a number of times in Vegas. 'N Sync yuck! Ozzy a few times.
    Now I'm just a pain in the *** on MFP.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Ms. Teen Rhode Island 1996 (many many moons ago!.. LOL)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    The back of my head is in a Radiohead video. I was at one of the concerts where they filmed a portion of it.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've been in silly things, like a documentary on zombie movies and my stand-up was on satellite radio once..

But just the other day I was on the news for 5 seconds running a 5K. Well the back of my bald dome was anyway...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nothing major, but I was a reporter/editor of a local newspaper in a very small county for a couple years and was basically a local celebrity. :-)

I've been interviewed on local news a couple times for different things over the years, too. On a national or international level, though, nada.

Though my cousin's best friend since childhood is George Stephanopolis (sp?), so by osmosis?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My 15 minutes aren't up yet!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I was a stunt double for Theodore in the last chipmunks movie.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am in the Anthrax video for Safe Home that was filmed at a show they did here in Chicago.
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    I was a set medic for the movie 8 Seconds, my lower legs were in a shot when they were riding bulls. I was featured in two Air Force videos teaching active shooter tactics, techniques, and procedures. I was also a recipient of an Air Force level award for which I was recognized in front of the entire Air Force and Air Force Sergeants Association community at their annual ball.
  • Tayloral6899
    Options
    I was in the movie called the Yellow Rose of Texas as extra cast member. It was fun and especially meeting Sam Elliot and Danny Glover!
    I am a 16 Award Air Force Level Award Winner for creating programs across AF-Wide currently in place, and Yes! I also was part of my husbands' Double_Tapps Air Force Level Awards (I was also a recipient of an Air Force level award for which I was recognized in front of the entire Air Force and Air Force Sergeants Association community at their annual ball.) above! posting....and lots of TV Interviews for community emergency response teams and during Xmas Holidays.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I was in the airport scene for Home Alone 2 - in the crowd - filmed at OHare.
    also was in the crowd in a ballgame scene in "The Natural" filmed in Buffalo
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    o god too many, 15 years of infamy
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    (most recently it was being at fashion week with Minka Kelly, Laura Conrad and Jordana Brewster and going outside and getting the flurry of paparazzi lol)