Hi! :)

Options
Just thought I'd drop a little hello onto this forum! I'm completely new to this site - but it's absolutely amazing! I can't believe it's free!

I started trying to loose weight about 18 months ago. I managed to loose about 28 lbs in total, in only a few months, before it all came creeping back again. I just got so stressed with exams that weight was the last thing on my mind. I managed to hold it for a month or two over the summer, but going back to college has meant I've put on all that weight I lost, plus an extra lb or two, since October. I recently got accepted to read law at University from October this year and the prospect of meeting so many new people whilst feeling so dreadful about the way I look at the moment is putting a bit of a dampener on my excitement. So it was time to do something about it.

I started logging on Sunday and weighed myself a few hours ago to find that I'd already lost 3lb! I realised that I've been going days on end with a very low intake of calories, at around 800-900, and then binge eating a few times a week, where I'll eat every cake and pizza that comes into sight. Thinking of this as a lifestyle change has made me realise the importance of consistently holding me calorie intake at a decent level. I'm not one for exercise usually, but I've been trying to fit a short walk in each day, and I even got out some old exercise DVDs yesterday!

Reading some of the inspirational stories on here has really got me motivated. Wish me luck!

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    good luck on your journey.. it will get easier and easier as you get used to the changes.