Sometimes the number is just too big

Options
13»

Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i lost 80....once the ball gets rollin at all becomes a blur and the next thing you know you're a new person...just gotta get the intial ball rollin
  • tab0423
    Options
    Just take one day at a time, one pound at a time. Remember every journey begins with one step. Keep the faith!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    One pound at a time.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. My ultimate goal is to lose 90lbs. The number was daunting at first. But I broke it down into to 15lb increments. That way, it doesn't seem impossible and yet I'm still making my way closer to my goal.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Accept that this will be a long journey. I have been told that this a marathon not a sprint.

Well said. None of us gained the weight quickly and it won't come off quickly. I took it one day at a time, knowing that everyday I stuck with it, I was healthier and happier than before. After a while those good days add up, and you are making real progress.

I kept an excel spreadsheet of my weight loss, so that I could track my progress, and seeing that line on the graph heading down really motivated me. I also tracked my exercise and weight lifting so that I could see progress there.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me...maybe I need to grow up, and deal with it...

But lately, the past few days especially, I have been looking at the amount of weight that I need to lose (125lbs) and I just freak out. Like, this can't be done...why am I trying..Why did I let myself get this way...

I'm not giving up, it just seems like it can be a bit much at times...overwhelming...

/whining

Forget the number, go for how you feel, how your clothes fit, and the energized new you that you that you will need for that baby!! .. You can do this, little steps all add up to that big number... 1+2+5 -= 125 ... break it down and work towards that number!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Baby steps will turn into long strides! Just keep focused and committed, you'll reach your goal. Differently set some short term goals to reach for and that will make your Long term goal a little more easily attainable (at least mentally)
  • tarajoneill
    tarajoneill Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Focus on obtainable realistic goals. Once you reach them, you will want more. If you don't meet goals, its so easy to give up. Don't give up! It only gets harder next time. (I'm on round three and this is last time.)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    When I started, 50 pounds seemed overwhelming. But I got started anyway.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Even a 1 lb loss has benefits (1lb loss=4lb pressure off your knees) so don't worry too much about the end goal; think about setting yourself up for living the rest of your life healthy and you will lose the weight eventually and keep it off. Don't beat yourself up about the past and only think about how you got to your weight in order to know what to avoid doing in the future - then forgive yourself and move on. If it helps to have smaller, interim goals do that - or don't... it's all about what works for you.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You're doing it so that one day the /whining will be WINNING!

You can do it!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    When I had to lose weight a number of years ago, I just concentrated on eating healthy and working out hard. I didn't obsess with the scale or the tape measure. Perhaps it's a personality thing, though. Anyway, my dr's words to me were to "lose the weight if at all possible."

You want to be in the best shape you can be, right? That might mean losing the 125 lbs but it might not. However, you'll get muscle tone along the way too. The scale and the tape measure aren't all powerful or all knowing. How you feel is important. Your risk for heart disease, diabetes, etc. is also a factor.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It is overwhelming when you have a lot of weight to lose. I have felt the same way. As many have said, break it down into smaller numbers. You'll get to those faster and it will keep you motivated! I do mine in 10lb increments. It seems like a mountain but it is possible! :drinker: :drinker: