Healthy breakfast and snacks at work?

Options
What are your go to quick and healthy breakfast recipes? Usually by time I'm up, ready for work and have my son ready for daycare I don't have time to eat breakfast at home. What do you recommend as something I could bring with me to work that is healthy but filling. I don't usually eat lunch until 1pm and I want to avoid going to the resaurant next door for their buscuits and bacon :-(. Also what snacks do you keep around the office?

Replies

• bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will have instant oatmeal on hand....just use water to fix. Also I keep cocoa covered almonds as a snack.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins at the beginning of the week and re-heat them at work. There are a ton of different recipes just do a search for them
  • jlowensby
    Options
    I do the body by vi shakes for breakfast....I love them and they keep me full
    Snack I have been doing one hard boiled egg with a little salsa
    lunch varies...today I had rotisserie chicken on wheat bread with honey mustard
    Snack will be one boiled egg with salsa
    my afternoon body by vi shake
    then a sensible dinner

pretty much rounds out my day
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and Emerald Breakfast on the Go pouches!
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    a banana
    a luna bar
    or
    instant oatmeal
  • chigau_me
    Options
    I don't work but have to make quick easy breakfasts for my husband
    muffins (sweet or savoury, make in advance and keep frozen, then just pop in the oven)
    pita bred with some meat or ham or chicken or haloumi cheese and veggies
    just some sandwich
    or oatmeal with fruit
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I eat either porridge or granola for breakfast.

I take fresh or dried fruit to work as snacks.
  • awesome_inferno
    awesome_inferno Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I usually have a healthy dollop of hummus on toasted flat bread or bagel thins for breakfast. Snack on fruit, veggies, or imitation crab dipped in a little spicy mayo (1 tsp = 35 cals)
  • samlankford
    Options
    apples, pb, bananas, oatmeal, protein shakes... I also keep those "kind" granola bars at work... and protein bars..... whatever you can keep in your fridge or in your drawers away from food theifs!! lol
  • rinn1791
    Options
    At our office we have a mini fridge and toaster oven in our area. We like to keep English muffins or bagels for breakfast. Then I like carrots and hummus for snacks-SUPER LOW calories in both!
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i bring snack size greek yogurt and some chia seeds to throw in it
    occassionally i bring some instant oatmeal
    if i have time i will make a protein shake and drink it on the go
    hard boil eggs the night before and grab them in the morning to take to work
    cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter
    etc etc
  • chcunningham
    chcunningham Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink a Zija shake for breakfast (very filling) and keep Fiber One bars for my snack or a pack of crackers! V
  • alliek23
    alliek23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do the body by vi shakes for breakfast....I love them and they keep me full
    Snack I have been doing one hard boiled egg with a little salsa
    lunch varies...today I had rotisserie chicken on wheat bread with honey mustard
    Snack will be one boiled egg with salsa
    my afternoon body by vi shake
    then a sensible dinner

pretty much rounds out my day

Where can I get body by vi shakes? I've never heard of them
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and a V8 for breakfast... almonds for snack.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hard boil some eggs over the weekend. They can be either part of a quick breakfast or a snack. Pretty much any fruit or veggie that can be eaten raw is good for a snack, too.

Hey - Tracy was posting while I was writing!!!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like Jamie Eason's protein bars. She has recipes for pumpkin, chocolate, lemon... I don't always use the no-calorie sugar or almond milk she does - I'll use the real things. I found the calorie difference is minimal.

Here is the link to the pumpkin bar recipe.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html

I'll also cook a scrambled egg in the microwave (1 min for 1 egg) put in on an English muffin or piece of toast and eat it in the car with a piece of fruit. It only takes a couple of minutes to put it together. (Spray your glass bowl with cooking spray so the egg comes out easily after its cooked. Add some shredded cheese for extra flavor.)

Enjoy!
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered that if I whisk 4 eggs and then add half an onion, 1 tomato and a hand full of spinach, pour in to a cupcake tin and bake at 180 for 20ish minutes (until the tops are golden) I get 6 super tasty breakfast quiche/muffin things that are good hot or cold and only 67 calories each (including the olive oil I use to brush the tin).

I've been taking these to work and experimenting with different veg :)
  • liltpot78
    liltpot78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Someone please give suggestions for the holiday snack and goodies at work now!!! Temptation is the worst:(
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    For the holiday sweet situation @ work...Use an angel food cake mix (dry mix, do not add eggs or anything else that is posted on the box) Mix 1 can sugar free pie filling in and bake in a sprayed pan. Delish and not too horrible on calories.

For breakfast: I've been really crunched for time lately so the night before I will get out my shaker cup and put in my GNC Lean mix and then the next morning as running out the door, I will fill the shaker with ice cold water and drink on the way to work. Right now I'm enjoying the Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha holiday flavors.

I keep Quest Bars and almonds at work too.