HRM Polar F7 wearlink Question

Options
I have had the Polar F7 for a month now, and I was wondering if anyone knows how we are supposed to wash the wearlink? The instructions say to put it in the washing machine, but I am worried about ruining it. Has anyone ever washed their polar wearlink in the washer? I rinse it after every use, but lately it won't detect my HR right away and I have to wait about 15 to 20 minutes to see my HR so I'm getting frustrated. I'm guessing this is happening because I haven't washed it yet. Just wanted to see what everyone else does to clean their HRM straps so I don't end up ruining mine, thanks!

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    what i do to cleans it is just use lukewarm water and wipe it clean and it works wonders for me the next day i do it daily to keep it clean at all times :flowerforyou:
  • Torah77
    Options
    That's a great question. i put mine in the washer machine and it did the same thing to me. It takes forever to read my heart-rate and most times i don't think it's reading it accurately. I'm gonna try washing it by hand ( thanks ccdo). :happy:

Tamara
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    That's a great question. i put mine in the washer machine and it did the same thing to me. It takes forever to read my heart-rate and most times i don't think it's reading it accurately. I'm gonna try washing it by hand ( thanks ccdo). :happy:

Tamara

ur very welcome if u do it staright after u have used it it should read your HR effectivcly everday without any abnormalities its worked for me so im sure it will work for you too good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I gave up and went back to my old plastic strap.
  • skaal006
    Options
    Ok, I'll try washing it with just water after every workout, thanks for the advise!