MIL's on board!!!

Options
well I finally did it!! I emailed my Mother-In-Law and asked her if she would be willing to try some new Lower-Calorie Recipes that I had found online. I sent her a link to a healthy recipe website. They came over last night to pick up some stuff and she said she'd try to find some healthier meals, snacks and desserts. when I first started on MFP I had told my MIL that thursday nights would be my free night since I knew I would indulge a little, so she took that to mean she didn't have to worry about cooking any different that night. but she said she would start going by nutrition instead of her taste buds from now on!! she's really into finding and trying new recipes, so she's taking this as a challenge to find some tasty and also healthy recipes. I'm sooo happy!!

so thanks to everyone who encouraged me to talk to her about things...I guess MIL's are not as scary as I thought!!

~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    well I finally did it!! I emailed my Mother-In-Law and asked her if she would be willing to try some new Lower-Calorie Recipes that I had found online. I sent her a link to a healthy recipe website. They came over last night to pick up some stuff and she said she'd try to find some healthier meals, snacks and desserts. when I first started on MFP I had told my MIL that thursday nights would be my free night since I knew I would indulge a little, so she took that to mean she didn't have to worry about cooking any different that night. but she said she would start going by nutrition instead of her taste buds from now on!! she's really into finding and trying new recipes, so she's taking this as a challenge to find some tasty and also healthy recipes. I'm sooo happy!!

so thanks to everyone who encouraged me to talk to her about things...I guess MIL's are not as scary as I thought!!

~Pam
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great job taking the risk to let her know what you needed! I'm so glad it turned out well for you. :flowerforyou:
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    That's great! One stresser down! :drinker:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What a great MIL! and think about how much healthier it will be for the rest of your family. You never know, you may have started a new health tradition in the family.

Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!! Now she can try her new things and you can eat!! What a combination. If you love it, ask her to send you the recipe so you can make it for yourself another time. With encouragement and praise on your part, she'll participate. With the better weather coming up, there will be so many lighter fare options for her to choose from.

:flowerforyou: