Hollow Days

Does anyone else get hollow days? Days where no matter what you eat, drink be it healthy, unhealthy, you're almost constantly hungry and/or craving more? They don't happen often for me, but it's really frustrating.

Replies

• Ladysquire
    Ladysquire Posts: 61 Member
    YES! I was having this conversation with a friend yesterday. On Wednesday my appetite wasn't huge, I didn't really feel hungry at all throughout the day but still made sure I ate my cals. The following day I was so hungry and nothing would stop it. I just felt like I hadn't eaten a thing. No clue why it happens. I try drinking more water etc but it doesn't do much. Today I'm back to having a regular appetite.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I assume that due to stress or extra activity, we are hungrier on some days than others. All I can say is to either eat a little bit of a treat or enough of healthy foods. Listen to your body !
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    I do, but it seems to be hormonal in my case. My hollow days come a few days before TOM. Makes sense in a way.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Yup, I get them every now and again. I have one I can expect every month that occurs exactly one week before TOM, without fail. And then I get a few others scattered in here and there.

And I love that you call them Hollow Days. Guessing you're a Hunger Games fan?
  • earl_grey
    earl_grey Posts: 9 Member
    HAHA - ever since reading Hunger Games I call these "hollow days". So glad I'm not the only one! Perhaps we should chew mint leaves...?