Why is it not coming together??

Options
2»

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, just looking at the last two days of entries, I think you are probably using too many generic listings and it's underestimating your calories.

For today, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with butter - it's much better to log the actual bread that you had and measure the actual amount of butter and log that. The whole wheat bread I buy has 80 calories per slice. Two slices of bread alone is 160 calories and that doesn't account for the butter. Plus, butter and spreads like that don't look like you are using much, but if you measure how much you are using, you get a lot less than most would think, even if it's "just a little".

The grilled cheese sandwiches yesterday I think is probably way off, too. For two grilled cheese sandwiches to have only 370 calories, it could be difficult if you aren't making them yourself. I calculated that the grilled cheese sandwiches at my work cafeteria which are 2 slices white bread + 2 slices cheese + butter flavored oil are about 350 for one sandwich alone.

If you do are using these generic entries and they are off by even just a few calories per serving, it can add up to several hundred a day. That, plus not logging what you are actually eating at night makes it really easy to have your calories eaten be off. I would try actually weighing and measuring each and every item you eat for the next week or two and see if you start losing again and also just to help you see what 165 calories of wheat toast with butter or 370 calories of grilled cheese look like.