Going over on protein

kmarquez
kmarquez Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it bad to go over on protein? I am at -28 already today.

Replies

• samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    LoL they should pro bably make a sticky post on this topic since it seems to come up several times daily ;)

I wouldn't worry about gonig over on your protein. IMO, the recommended protein is WAY too low here for the average person that works out.
  • Sorry I didn't search for more info before I posted my question. Thanks for the answer though! ;o)
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    I found a site that said to calcuate your protein intake (.54 x your weight) = protein for the day. I hope that helps :)
  • Thanks! :)
  • samseed101
    Sorry I didn't search for more info before I posted my question. Thanks for the answer though! ;o)

No need to apologize. Not your fault at all. The site seems to set protein intake REALLY low. And as expected, it can sometimes owrry people when they see they are going way over and are having trouble staying within the suggested range. It's always better to ask instead of wondering and being afraid that you will screw something up.

I just think it would be easier for people if they made this and a couple other important topics "sticky" posts near the top so they can be found and read fairly easily.
  • Yeah, I just discovered that if you type protein in the search bar, TONS of the same question pop up! LOL
  • samseed101
    Given my goals, I elected to change my settings so that my protein and cards are both set to 40%. Fat is set to 20%. That gives me quite a bit of protein I have to eat on a daily basis! LoL. Not always easy. Typically, it's around 160 - 170g daily.
This discussion has been closed.