P*ssed off at calories and exercise cause I'm confused.

Options
So.... The past 4 year I've exercised lost weight on 1200 -1600 calories by skippin/jump rope for 30-60 mins a day, got down to my goal weight, started binge eating, put 4 stone on over 4 year, weights been like a yoyo.

So I joined gym maybe 2 year ago, and everytime I exercise I feel The need to eat everything in sight, I don't understand as I'm exercising to lose weight to get back to my goal weight, when I don't exercise I don't cave chocolate anymore or large amounts of food and lose weight easily, yet I exercise and eat over 2000 calories and it's making me really fuming cause I'm hungry.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to binge eat again, it stopped when I stopped exercising.

Today I burned 675 calories, eating 2253 calories which is really getting my back up at the min cause I'm
Hungry and craving chocolate again. For my size I should be eating 1450.

Can anyone please explain what the hell doing wrong I'm really unhappy with this circle, love exercing but feel like giving up cause I'm eating like a pig. I eat peanut butter and porridge and healthy stuff?

Replies

• mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you talk to a professional; the issues you are talking about are largely psychological. My wife found an excellent program that combined nutritional counseling, behavioral counseling, and an exercise regiment, and it has helped her tremendously. When you talk about binge-eating cycles and yo-you weight loss, plus type 1 diabetes, it is time to talk to someone with some letters after his or her last name.
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, yeah maybe your right I should go and see someone about it. I just though as my binge eating had gone now, as I feel in a better state of mind and more at peace with myself it seems to be when I'm exercising I'm craving sweets again or larger amounts of food was something exercise related.

My weight has dramatically changed past year to the biggest weight I've been as I broke up from a 5 year relationship and I knew I was eating badly so isn't really due to bad diabetis this time just a broken heart.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, are you losing now or gaining?

Personally for me one of the joys of exercising is to be able to eat more and stay lean.

I don't think you are really doing anything wrong here.

About the peanut butter, yeah it's good and all that but super calorie dense and not particularly filling for it's calorie value. Based on your diary on some days peanut butter is 25% of your total calories. There is nothing with that in particularly but you could have an entire extra meal for the same amount of calories that would surely keep you fuller for longer.

Try high intensity sprints instead of steady state cardio, with somepeople this actually surpresses apetite.

Also start lifting.