anyone got any low fat soup recipes please?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristin2984
    Options
    I used to hate cauliflower but tried it roasted and love it. To make roasted cauliflower soup roast the cut up cauliflower head with a small amount of ollive oil and salt at high heat until it starts to lightly brown. Put in in your food processor with a good quality veg or chicken stock. Its so simple so you really need a good quality stock in this. Add a little salt, pepper and if you want a small can of fat free evaporated milk, and a bay leaf. Let it simmer on the stove for at least 30 minutes. For variations, you can add roasted carrots and or steamed broccoli to the mix. A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes are good too. I like to sprinkle the soup with a little parm cheese when i serve it. Its is so easy!
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2089/spiced-carrot-and-lentil-soup

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/soups/slow-cooked-root-vegetable-soup.html - I made this and replaced celeriac with turnip, left out the swede and added a parsnip. It was about 120 calories a serving (my serving is a pint as that's what fits in my flask).

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/recipe/broccoli-and-potato-soup/1848 - beware though, this gave me, er, digestive issues. Still, it still wasn't as bad as the time I made brussels sprout soup...
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I make a nice Carrot and Coriander one, its sooooo easy n really tasty.

Boil some carrots ,add on veg stock cube.

when carrots are soft drain them over a bowl or pan (you may want some of the water to thin the soup)

Blend them with a bit of dry coriander, black pepper and then add a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander

If soup is a little thick add some of the water used to boil the carrots in.
  • nikkiellie01
    nikkiellie01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    great topic !!! Bump
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • evolutioner
    Options
    Pumpkin soup
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Moroccan red lentil soup, delicious with apricots in them.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    This is a great low fat vegetable Lasagna. first you have to pre cook your noodles weither they are the pre cooked ones or not, they will still be hard if you dont.

1 med eggplant
    2 small zuchinni
    1 pack mushrooms
    1 bag of spinich
    1 can of crushed tomatoes
    1 whole garlic clove
    chili powder
    light cheese
    what ever other seasonings you like

cut up all the veggies into the size you want, i usually do about 1cm square cubes for eggplant and just round slice then half the zucchini. put olive oil in the pan and use about half the garlic clove crushed up and lightly fry the add the eggplant until it starts to get a bit transparent. same with zuchinni, and mushrooms. i cook them all seperate but you could probablly do it all together. Season them to taste while cooking. I cut up the spinich raw ( whole bag) and mix it into the veggies once they are all cooked. the spinich will cook in the oven. fry the second half of the garlic clove and add the can of crushed tomatoes and heat then mix into the veggies. you can use any kind of pasta sauce i just prefer the crushed tomatoes as it give it a nice fresh light taste. then just layer as you would any Lasagna, and add a light cheese if you want. for seasonings i just use chili power, onion powder and what ever elese i have. i guess the spices would be just what ever you like.

I have also just used this as a spaghetti sauce, or mix with macaronni ( if you mix with macaronni dont use too much you want more veggies than pasta)

the only fat in this is from the olive oil and cheese
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you CAN'T make soup out of? When I was on a strict very low kcal diet my dinner was usually any veggies I had on hand(broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onion, garlic, frozen wok veggie mix etc) - chopped them up, put in a pot of, maybe, half a cup of boiling broth and let it boil until all veggies were soft. I then blended it all together with a mixer until it was fairly smooth, seasoned to taste and topped with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt/philadelphia or whatever I had available. I got a fairly big bowl of a thick YUMMY soup that never exceeded 200 kcal.

And the thicker consistency kept my tummy full for several hours. =)