New and a Survivor

conniemcqb
conniemcqb Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am a 50+ female that is not used to being obese. I need to lose 30-40 lbs as it is effecting my health. I completed chemo and they said I would gain about 40 lbs which I did but I cannot lose it. I take steroid every day so I can breathe. I am working our 3-5 days per week, aerobics but have lost only 2 lbs in 2 months. I am so discouraged.
My trainer told me to sign up here so I can keep track of my eating. I do not eat enough food is what she has told me but I do eat healthy. My other new thing is I like salty tortillas. I taste it over the metal taste in my mouth.

I will take all suggestions from anyone that can assist me. I do not want ot have a heart issue because of the weight. It sits around my middle.

Replies

• flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Wow, you have been through a lot!

I found through this site that I was eating very healthy in the morning and lunch, then coming home and eating too much. I think my body was getting confused. Anyway, I am eating more now, meeting my calorie goal most of the time, and losing weight. I gained back a couple of pounds recently, so my ticker only shows 4 lbs. :cry: But I am trying to lose it slowly so it won't come back.

Oh, and regular exercise is a must for me to lose. Walking seems to really clear my head and help; I have read where it is something your body needs or something like that.

I started to say "I wish you a lot of luck", but I think you don't need luck, just persistence. Keep at it.
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Hi,
    I work in a cancer center---as a registrar, so I am not a clinical person---and I would talk to the nutritionist about the weight gain and how you can not seem to lose it. Maybe they can suggest some changes. I would track all my food and exercise so you can show them specifics on what you are eating and what you are doing as far as exercise. If your oncologist doesn't have a nutritionist on staff, maybe check your local hospital to see if they have any type of out patient nutritionist on staff that you could make an appointment with.

Weight loss is hard enough without having it compounded with other health issues.....Keep trying and stay positive!! You are exercising regularly which will help keep your heart healthy not to mention your mental health!!
This discussion has been closed.