Piercing question!

Options
So a couple months ago I had to remove my navel piercing because I lost so much weight that only a tiny piece of skin was holding in place. I was thinking about getting it re-done, but I need some ideas/opinions. There's a lot of scar tissue where my first piercing was because my body rejected it for the first week, so because of that I was thinking of getting a dermal. I know that dermals are permanent though, and the thing is I don't want to get one done just in case it needs to be removed because I know it has to be professionally removed. If anyone knows more information or knows how to help I'd appreciate it! :smile:

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Bump?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My friend had her belly button pierced and it closed up because she had surgery and forgot to put it back in. She was afraid of it hurting more because of scar tissue but had no problem the second time (I was with her and she didn't flinch at all). With that said the dermals are permanent and if it some ow gets near the bone your body will reject that too. What about getting the BOTTOM of your belly button pierced? I've seen it and it looks awesome. I actually wishI knew I coukd have gotten it done that we wheni had my belly unto pierced all tose years ago.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You should be fine to get it pierced again :)

Your piercer may even be able to pierce it just behind the previous scar tissue. I would make sure that you use quality jewellery and change it over as soon as you can...I have had experience with rejected piercings because I seem to be allergic to stainless steel, but all my piercings have healed wonderfully once changed over to silver or gold
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd pesonally stay away from Dermals. They can cause some nasty scarring.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options

THIS. And they almost always reject eventually
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    My friend had her belly button pierced and it closed up because she had surgery and forgot to put it back in. She was afraid of it hurting more because of scar tissue but had no problem the second time (I was with her and she didn't flinch at all). With that said the dermals are permanent and if it some ow gets near the bone your body will reject that too. What about getting the BOTTOM of your belly button pierced? I've seen it and it looks awesome. I actually wishI knew I coukd have gotten it done that we wheni had my belly unto pierced all tose years ago.

Never thought about getting the bottom done, but I'll look into it thanks! And yeah I know dermals are permanent, that's why a professional needs to take it out and I'm afraid if it gets infected or it gets ripped out I'd be screwed.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

THIS. And they almost always reject eventually

I know someone who know's a girl who get's her back dermals done I believe every 6 months because they fall out, I don't think she gets the hint of her body rejecting them :huh:
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Bump
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My best friend has had a couple different dermals and they either ripped out in her sleep or she got them removed. But both ways it left a very noticeable scar. I'd stay away from them.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    My best friend has had a couple different dermals and they either ripped out in her sleep or she got them removed. But both ways it left a very noticeable scar. I'd stay away from them.

Thankfully mine hasn't left that big of a scar. But if they get ripped out that easily then no way in hell I'm getting it. Thanks!