Farewell to my dearest....SCALE!

Options
:heart:
Farewell to my Dearest....SCALE!

Our daily encounters must come to an end! This relationship is unhealthy and has become compulsive. :sad: I will agree to meet you on Sundays only Mister! I will not be enticed by your invitations throughout the week. You must also know that I will not let your responses dictate my mood or get me distracted from my goals.

When I hear you whisper my name each morning as I get out of the shower mister, I will turn my back on you. Yes, you are being rejected...as you deserve. You have been dominating my time and my thoughts. We shall see how it goes by meeting on Sundays only. I presume it will be a much healthier relationship. If our relationship was to continue in this unhealthy pattern in which we have been partaking, I fear we would find ourselves on the Dr. Phil show for therapy. I think he calls this co-dependancy. How sad that something that started out so innocent and pure has ended up so ugly and obsessive. I blame only myself.

So here is to a new relationship. :blushing: One that will not consume my thoughts and time. I will allow you one brief meeting on Sunday - and will not let your reactions affect my mood and determine my course of action for the day. I must begin to put my needs ahead of yours my dearest scale.

:)I will see you on Sunday!

(Thanks for humoring me and reading this silly letter to my scale. Does anyone else need to break their compulsive weighing habits? Please join me in the Sunday Successes forum - Have a great week!:flowerforyou: )

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OK that was to cute and too wonderful and too creative (((((((((((((((APPLAUSE)))))))))))))))))))) I think there are many of us here having the same deranged relationship in our homes with the relatives of your scale. May we all get a laugh from your post but more importantly may those of us with a scale addiction learn from it. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OH I DO I DO I DO!! I just don't know if I can. He beckons me early in the am, before the alarm goes off, before my husband can see me get on it. Ack! I am thinking about boarding him right now! And the worst part about it, he has spent alot of time shaming me, making me feel bad about myself, but yet, i keep going back for more.

Maybe I can make this commitment tomorrow.
  • vlheral
    vlheral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh man this hit a note for me. I have suffered from 2 very serious eating disorders and I swear this was my life. Multiple times a day (that doesn't even make sense!) And it is so important to break that becaus eyour weight can fluctuate by pounds every day even from water! And it does not dictate your health! Trusssssst me. I threw mine out and only weight myself at the gym, I actually need to remember to do it once a week, but that is so far from where I used to be. I'm proud of you!!! :)
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    this is bad compulsion of mine also, i find myself weighing at work at home and at the gym. what the heck? i normally take the scales at work as my weigh in scale because it is a doctors scales,(atleast thats what i call it) so lets do this no more weigh in only on sunday!!!!!! who ho!!!!!:drinker: :laugh:
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! and it is so true!!! :laugh:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Bid him farewell and promise him you will see him on Sunday! He will miss you but you will both be fine without each other! OK...maybe I am not crazy....maybe there are more out there like you and I....hmmmmm :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Wow! I am so proud of you for breaking up with your scale...If you can I can too...that guy has been playing all of us! I am so over him! :laugh:
  • Stepadoodle
    Options
    I understand!!! So much so that I do not even have a scale at home so I can't weigh at home!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I heard a saying that a scale is like a relative..............you only should visit them once in a while lol words to live by.
  • Najila
    Najila Posts: 18
    Options
    HAHAHAAAA... such a great post! That is my life too... I am trying to avoid weighing myself daily (only to see a 1/2 pound difference, if that - and sometimes in the wrong direction!). I'm trying and trying to wait until Friday to do my official weekly weigh-in. It's so hard to wait!! But at the same time, I know that it's better for me to treat my scale with a bit more indifference.
  • happy2bemom0
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Flowers for you for saying so eloquently what we all would like to say!
    Bravo!

:smile:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    To cute! I hide my dearest scale in the closet and only take him out when I want to. LOL I have been tempted all week to sneak a peak but I WILL wait until FRIDAY. Sorry Mister you will remain in the closet! :wink:
  • vsummers
    Options
    OMG!! This is too funny!! Same here, I was weighing every morning, then every time I went in the bathroom. It drives you crazy!!My husband takes it and hides it on Monday night, and I get it back on sunday night for my Monday morning weigh in!!!! I dont even trust myself to put it away and not think about it. I think they would call our relationship with our scale AN ABUSSIVE RELATIONSHIP!!! lol
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    This was great! Had me ROFLOL! :laugh: Should be a blog post. BTW, I resemble your remark! :sad:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    OMG!! This is too funny!! Same here, I was weighing every morning, then every time I went in the bathroom. It drives you crazy!!My husband takes it and hides it on Monday night, and I get it back on sunday night for my Monday morning weigh in!!!! I dont even trust myself to put it away and not think about it. I think they would call our relationship with our scale AN ABUSSIVE RELATIONSHIP!!! lol

I am glad someone can relate. This breakup was the best thing I have done in years. Now that I look back on this relationship I wish I hadn't wasted so much time with such a manipulator! I am moving on....:laugh: