not losing any!

Options
Okay my weight flactuates from 59kg to 60kg and at the moment i'm just not losing anything. I go to the gym 6 times a week burning 800-1000 calories per session and try to eat around 1,250 calories a day but i think i'm eating too many treats but because it's within the calories thinking it's okay...(recently it's been creeping up to 1,350- 1,500 but again i'm still burning)

My typical daily diet is.
breakfast: porridge and banana (205 cals)

Lunch: salad with either chicken couscous which would be about (350 cals) or quorn chicken fillets with salad which would be (250 cals)

Dinner: chicken with steamed spinich and green beans (300 cals) or quorn mince dishes such as quorn spag bol or quorn chilli which usually add up to (550 cals)

then snacks is fruit usually an apple and orange (160 altogether)

but then at night i'll have a hot chocolate with a marshmallow flump so thats about 150 cals and then sometimes dip in a weight watchers snack around 100 calories but then I am still burning the calories 6 days a week...

do i need to cut sugar intake, add more protein? advice would be appreciated thankyou :) i know the night snacks need to go haha

xx

Replies

• chrissysue
    chrissysue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good evening!
    Just read your post. I would have to say that your body in putting itself into starvation mode. If you are eating 1200+/- calories per day but burning 800-1000 calories you are not leaving enough food calories for your body. If you are going to burn that may calories per day you definately need to up your caloric intake.
    Okay my weight flactuates from 59kg to 60kg and at the moment i'm just not losing anything. I go to the gym 6 times a week burning 800-1000 calories per session and try to eat around 1,250 calories a day but i think i'm eating too many treats but because it's within the calories thinking it's okay...(recently it's been creeping up to 1,350- 1,500 but again i'm still burning)

My typical daily diet is.
    breakfast: porridge and banana (205 cals)

Lunch: salad with either chicken couscous which would be about (350 cals) or quorn chicken fillets with salad which would be (250 cals)

Dinner: chicken with steamed spinich and green beans (300 cals) or quorn mince dishes such as quorn spag bol or quorn chilli which usually add up to (550 cals)

then snacks is fruit usually an apple and orange (160 altogether)

but then at night i'll have a hot chocolate with a marshmallow flump so thats about 150 cals and then sometimes dip in a weight watchers snack around 100 calories but then I am still burning the calories 6 days a week...

do i need to cut sugar intake, add more protein? advice would be appreciated thankyou :) i know the night snacks need to go haha

xx
  • tschipman
    Options
    I agree with ChrissySue. It would probably help to substitute the evening Hot choc with something like no cal herbal tea with maybe a teaspoon of honey...or even no cal sweetener. But Up your calorie intake during the day with nutritious food. I think you are in starvation mode. Also, how are your clothes fitting? Are they getting looser? Maybe you are turning fat to muscle, which weighs more. You can tell if you are if your measurements are decreasing. But when I am in starvation mode, my body hangs on to every bit of sweets and fat that I eat. So that may be the problem.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your ideal weight? It's going to get harder to lose the closer you get.

You're burning calories like crazy. I'd recommend you do the cardio every other day and LIFT on your off days. Then adjust your diet with more calories and definitely more protein to try to build some muscle.

If you build muscle you'll get the toned look you want and boost your metabolism to remove any last bit of fat you've got.

Good luck!
  • Alexxxx22
    Alexxxx22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thankyou everyone this has helped a lot! i think i need to maybe think less of the calories and eat what is good for me and what my body will use for fuel :) I guess I need to think more realistic for my calorie intake and that way it help me eat better food!

positive thinking haha hope you are all okay :) xxx
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're under-eating. Try boosting up your caloric intake.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you're overestimating your exercise and underestimating your food.

And starvation mode? Really???
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It's the orange
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's the orange

Because fruits are high in sugar and sugar makes you fat, right?