When doe the hurting stop?

2»

Replies

• She's putting herself through it because she wants to. Go you! From all the folks I know who are hard core they say you "begin to crave the suck." :-)
  • You may need a magnesium supplement. If you're sweating a lot you'll lose it, and muscle pain is associated with being low in magnesium. Works for me. Not sure about all these answers suggesting you'll always be in pain. Seems a pretty extreme to me. Unless you're trying to become the next iron man/woman/Arnie, why put yourself through so much? I'd rather be healthy than over the top.

It's great that *you* would rather be one way than the other. I think her question, however, is how to help her do what *she* wants to do. Not what you'd rather do.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    No pain, no gain! I'm learning to like the DOMS. :) It means I'm doing something good!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    90 mins a day is a lot, but if you're loving it crack on!

like they've all said, you learn to crave it. i love when my thighs burn from the squats. tells me i'm doing it right:-)
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    This thread actually just made me really jealous... been a while since I've been that sore. haha kinda sick how much you start to really like the pain. But, like the others said, it's because you know you're doing it right! keep it up! Oh - and I personally eat a pretty decent amount of bananas, avocados, proteins and coconut water on hard work out days. And drink a ton of water. I think it helps quite a bit :)

Enjoy it!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I was done hurting at about a month........ I guess I had to stretch my **** out huh?
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    :grumble: :grumble:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Probably never...I crushed a leg work out yesterday and my legs are sore today..you kinda get used to it and actually learn to like it...sounds weird I know. If you are constantly adding weight and adjusting work outs then you should go through phases of not so sore and then more sore ..or so is my experience....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    oh and seven days a week for 90 minutes sounds a little much ..I go monday through friday about 1hr 15 mins to 1.5hrs ...I would scale back two days or maybe do some active rest or light cardio, ie. HIIT sprint intervals...or just chill..rest days are good too!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    I lift everyday for 1-2 hours a day 5 days a week...eventually, it will become difficult to make yourself sore. I barely can get a stiff muscle anymore. It took me about 2 months to get to that point.