Desperate for "female" answers

Options
I am feeling EXTREMELY bloated due to my monthly nightmare and I just measured myself out of curiosity. I am a full inch bigger in my hips and waist!!!! Is this normal? What is going on??? I feel like a balloon that desperately needs to be popped. I'm so swollen, especially in my midsection, I am miserable. It can't be sodium related because I have not upped my salt intake at all. This "time" has been especially rough this month, could that have anything to do with it? Help!!!

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal! I always know when mind is coming because I can barely fit into my jeans for 3 days prior! I get really puffy. I force myself to drink a lot of water, stay away from foods that I know will bloat me and don't miss the gym.

Just relax! It will pass and you're not alone.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you that much, do see your doctor.
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i'd just like to know why female is in quotes 0.o (and i feel you with the bloating..v.v)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak of nature and LOSE weight during TOM. I'm sure it's normal though to be bloated that much. I know the feeling of total yuckiness though, I don't have to retain water for that one.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Normal. Drink a bunch of water and try Midol to reduce bloating.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. You'll go back to normal soon enough, don't stress.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get like that too. I've never measured, but I always feel like a balloon. Some months worse than others.
  • zerapha
    Options
    I put on 5lb and don't fit into my trousers - it's how i know my totm is coming up. It's completely normal - exercising & drinking lots of water helps.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get so bloated I need to wear stretchy pants because my jeans/dress pants don't fit comfortably
  • Keltinator
    Options
    It's normal to be more bloated. Mind you, make sure you are getting enough iron. If your period gets heavier than you're used to, it could be a sign of anemia.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I notice you are close to my age and there seems to be more variation in severity lately... Hang in there, you will feel great in a couple more days!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    MFP threads really make me think that our education systems are failing in the areas of sexual autonomy, reproduction, etc
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you that much, do see your doctor.
    this, I had an IUD put in in 2010 and I truley love it! No more PMSing and all of the 'crap' that comes w/it. I don't even know when I am due for my cycle anymore. I did a 5 year and will do a 10 year next time. Good luck to ya!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    That's pretty normal.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    it's totally normal.. you'll also gain on the scales as well.. it will drop back down after your self cleansing cycle has finished :)
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You might find this link useful, it's on how to control some of the bloating with diet (it's water retention not fat): http://www.marilynglenville.com/womens-health-issues/pre-menstrual-syndrome/

No fun, but normal.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It can be normal but I know I have to also be mindful of things I eat, like dairy, beans and potatoes.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've had pants that used to fit be painfully tight for a few days. It's normal.
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    it's normal, don't worry :) take a midol that usually helps me
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak of nature and LOSE weight during TOM. I'm sure it's normal though to be bloated that much. I know the feeling of total yuckiness though, I don't have to retain water for that one.

Ditto!! I tend to lose double digits during my monthlies.