Hi! I've been trying to eat clean and lift weights!

Options
Hi there, busy mom of three kids here. I would love to meet others on here who are mothers as well and train with weights.

I have been working out for about almost 2 months now. I am trying to eat clean, every 2-3 hours, and lifting weights about 3-4 days a week. My cardio is about 5 days a week (turbo jam, running, incline walking, and arc trainer or step mill). I lost about 5 lbs in the beginning, probably mostly water weight and I know that I've been building muscle. My lowest weight so far on this journey has been 131 and i'd like to be around 120, and muscular! I'm sort of at a plateau I feel like, probably because my "cheat meals" are more like "cheat weekends" :( Diet is my problem!!!

I'm getting a bit bored with my workout, last week I tried pure barre twice and I ordered tracy anderson's metamorphosis, hopefully it will arrive next week!

I try and keep my calories around 1200-1600, depending on my activity. I have a question - after you put in the activity for the day and myfitnesspal takes it away from your calorie goal (so you can obviously eat more), is that how it should be to lose weight? I always thought you were supposed to eat at calorie goal and then workout, but not subtract. So, basically, it is good to eat what you burn in a workout???

Looking forward to meeting others on here!

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    MFP subtracts before you work out. So the days you don't exercise you are still at a calori deficit.