Banana Pancakes.. with egg whites?

Options
I've seen a couple posts about making banana pancakes with 1 banana and 2 eggs.. Has anyone tried this with just egg whites??

Replies

• lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well!
  • samncam
    Options
    hi i made these this morning for breakfast just finished i used 1 whole banana i full egg and one egg white it made 3 pancakes my son had one i have 2 like 50 cal's! they were actually quite nice x i wouldnt think using just egg whites would make any difference x go for it:) xx
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've also made them. Very easy and I've also put nuttella on them and makes them almost like a desert crepe. Very delicious!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    I'm thinking of pumpkin instead of banana
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I've also made them. Very easy and I've also put nuttella on them and makes them almost like a desert crepe. Very delicious!

I made them this weekend, as well....I was thinking the same thing...a crepe!
    Yummy and easy!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of pumpkin instead of banana

I said the same thing the other day when I saw the thread the other day about it. I am gonna try it soon. I just gotta get to the story to buy pumpkin. Sounds yum!
  • poocon
    poocon Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    what?!?!? no pancake batter, just banana and eggs????
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this soon... with both pumpkin and banana. yummy!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I made mine with 1/4 c. liquid egg whites and 2 whole eggs (I also used 2 bananas and a pear).

Delicious!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yes I like these as well, so easy to make and I take them to work the next day for breakfast
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • petah1992
    petah1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ive made these before - 1x banana with 2 eggs.
    Totally delicous grain free beaky and you get a nice fluffy smooth textured pancake if you use a food blender to combine the mashed banana and egg together.
  • tashuwauna
    tashuwauna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Made some last night, they were a little thick/dense, but no complaints here! I used 2 whole brown eggs, two bananas, and a tbsp. of Cinnamon. I am trying egg whites today (I freeze them for work in the morning) and this post was so helpful! Think I will mix them in the blender today, try and get a little fluff going! Lol # Yummy
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I do these all the time - I only use liquid egg whites, one good glug (approx 2 whites) to half a mashed banana. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of flaxseed or chia seed. Cinnamon or nutmeg works well. Add a few blueberries and/or raspberries when they're done (i give mine 1 minute in the microwave, check it's done, then eat straight from that shallow bowl.)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are delicious you guys....Stop with the egg racism.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I made them last week. It had a banana, 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla. They were soooooo good.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I love whole eggs, nothing nicer than a soft boiled egg with dippy soldiers. But for pancakes, i find the whites fluff up better.
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So far no one has answered her question directly. I too would like to know if it would work well with JUST the egg whites. It's a good question to ask, I think.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Sorry, did I not say that in my first reply?

Yes, you can make them with just egg whites. It's a slightly different flavour and texture, but I find it gives a fluffier result.