Attention Tall Ladies (5'8" and Up)

Options
I'm curious...
(& also looking for some perspective and motivation)

What's your height & What's your goal weight? (& current weight if you don't mind)
What's your "body type" and your shape, as you see it?

& most importantly, how are you going toward your goals!?
... What's working, What's not?

To answer my own questions:
I'm about 5'10" and current a little over 70kgs
Aiming for about 62kgs (136.68)
I'm kind of hour-glass & pear shaped.
I have small shoulders, big bust for my dress size (10d-dd), smaller middle and big hips and bum.
My body type is naturally a little muscley and my weight naturally fluctuates.

Replies

• lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5'9" goal of 145 lbs. large frame with broad shoulders and hips. Current weight 176, so 31 lbs to go.
    How I am getting to my goal you ask - track every bite I eat into MFP whether it's good or bad, and serious heavy cardio exercise six days per week including walking and/or running, circuit training and Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"
    My goal is 160-170 (if I'm not happy at 170 I'll go to 165 and then maybe 160) The very bottom of my "healthy BMI" is 153lb... If I got down to that I'd turn sideways and disappear...
    I'm currently around 220, I started at 270.
    I consider my body an hourglass now... but I was very pear shaped when 270lbs.
    I'm exercising 45 minutes 2-3 times a week. I eat ~1500 calories and only eat back exercise cals if I want/need them...
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and average around 125. My measurements are 34/27/34 with a B cup, so I'm kind of a banana shape. My shoulders are a bit broad, but not ridiculous. My upper body and arms are pretty bony, torso is flat and a bit six-packish (is that a word?), and my thighs are okay at 20.5." I have the "gap" going on, so I guess they don't need to be smaller.

I'm never going to be hourglass with a smaller waist because of these damn ribs that get in the way. :) Oh well...

I've decided this is my goal weight, and am now working to maintain it. I eat about 1900 calories a day with a bit more on the weekends. I exercise 4 to 5x a week for an hour with a combination of cardio and weights, so it's not too hard to maintain.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'9, starting weight 165, current weight 144. I lost most of my weight by cutting out meat, drinking tons of water, and by walking everywhere. I have an hourglass shape on the bottom.. 36B up top :( a combo of weight loss and having kids. I'd like to get down to about 20% body fat now.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    hello im 5'8 and weigh 72 kilo well hopefully a little less ( been away from home and exercising like mad)
    anyways we have a similar shape me hourglass or pear i think more hourglass , i have a slim shoulders/ arms but im small chested etc, & then i have a reasonable sized bum and rather muscley thighs.
    i am aiming for my pre preggp weight of 65 kilo i looked great i do now but gosh i just wanna be able to fit back into my old clothes again. i gain muscle easily and yes my weight can fluctuates.
    i am running / walking every day, weights as well, im even in a crossfit challenge i have only lost weight due to controlliing my portions.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    5'10

Currently 132-134 depending on the day. I reached my goal weight, my goal now is to get leaner and meaner :P
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". Pre-prego weight is 176. Goal is 145-150 with 17-19% body fat. I do have a natural hourglass shape when I'm fit (wide hips, big boobs, proportionally small waist). When I was obese, I didn't have much shape at all though.

Long way to go for me.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    5'9
    CW: 118.8 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs

Body type: small frame, pear but I'm not very curvy (I don't have a lot of fat on me).

What's working:
    -right now I'm restricting calories, at this moment I'm on a bit of a plateau but it's my TOM
    -I have also cut down on junk foods

I went from about 125 to 118.8 with the above methods BTW.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    "I am knocked up, and I love dinosaurs."

Pregosaurus Rex, you made me lol in the biggest way. I need that after the day I've had today.

So thank you...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    "I am knocked up, and I love dinosaurs."

Pregosaurus Rex, you made me lol in the biggest way. I need that after the day I've had today.

So thank you...

:heart:
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 6'1/2" and right now around 190ish. I wear a size 12/14 right now and am trying to get down to a 8/10. I plan on getting down to 175 and then seeing how I feel about losing more. I think ultimately, I'd like to get to 160, but I don't know how that would feel. I'm essentially an hourglass shape. I have broad shoulders and hips and big breasts.

I just started MFP about a month or so again. I've been calorie counting for a bit now though. I like it a lot. It feels like the healthiest and most flexible diet out there. I loved losing a ton of weight from fad dieting, but it never really stayed off. I'm currently eating 1350 calories a day and losing weight kind of slowly, but then again some days I'm bad. My calorie limit keeps me pretty satisfied right now. Idk if I think tall girls or tall people in general should only eat 1200 calories/day.

And you should check out the Tall Girls group. Lots of stuff on there.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    5'8
    CW: 124
    GW: 112

I have a pear shape on a small frame
    I gain and lose weight easily, it never usually sticks but I do fluctuate from 124-120lbs. I want to be fluctuating at 115-110.
    My upper body (arms and chest) never lose/gain weight, whenever I lose or gain weight it's in my stomach, thighs

Eating a healthy vegetarian diet
    When I eat chocolate bars/candy I do cardio the same day
    Working out frequently
    Eating less cals
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 115lbs. My short term goal is to get to 122lbs by April/May. This will put me into the healthy weight range. Ultimately, I'd like to get up to 125-130, maybe even more, but that would likely be years down the road. I want to put all of it on in muscle, so it will take much longer than putting on fat. My body shape...well, you can see my general shape from my picture, although I've lost a little but of fat, and definitely put on a bit of muscle since then. Current measurements are 36-24.5-33.

ETA: To get to my goal I'm eating a good amount of protein and complex carbs and hitting the gym for 2-3 hours every day doing strength training/lifting. I also take estrogen blockers and certain hormone supplements. I do 20/4 IF as well.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great site that someone on MFP posted awhile back....
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great site that someone on MFP posted awhile back....
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

awesome, thanks :)
  • vespertine1207
    Options
    I am a 5'9'' (175cm) and I weight 180lbs (81-82kg). I would like to be at 145lbs and maybe a size 10. I am now a size 14 and noooot happy with it. I am pear/hourglass shaped.
    I do yoga an watch what I eat a lot lately. I really hope I can achieve my goal until feburary or so. :)
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8''
    I weigh right now 237(Just had a baby a month ago so still have 37 pounds of baby weight)

BUT also before I got pregnant I weighed 290, I went on a diet and lost 90 pounds (and then got pregnant)

I consider my body hour glass with a few extra minutes :)

I have broad shoulders and wider hips though!

And my goal weight is between 150-160 lbs
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    5'9". Goal 150ish. I have big shoulders, big hips, big thighs, small boobs (no fair), decent amount of muscle.

Right now, small-moderate calorie deficit. Lifting heavy 2 times a week. Cardio whenever I can (so 2-3 times a week). I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Did a bulk last winter (gained 10lbs) but haven't successfully "cut" yet. Been only semi-trying since Feb.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and 138 lb. I want to be 125 someday but am happy right where I'm at. Much better then where I was. I'm curvy when I'm heavier. Very proportionate but don't carry much fat really anywhere except my hips now.