lost nothing :-(

Options
ok, so i know ive only done this since monday, but ive lost nothing, zero, zilch, nada....ive stuck to my allowance...and just cant understand it...

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    With such little information to go on, I would say you have to give it longer than 1 week.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You need patience - you didn't pick up the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Give it a bit more time - at least a week and then look. How many calories are you eating, are you exercising, how much do you have to lose, what's your body fat %? All these variables make a difference.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    ok, so i know ive only done this since monday, but ive lost nothing, zero, zilch, nada....ive stuck to my allowance...and just cant understand it...
    It's only been 5 days...
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You need to be patient. I know it seems like the weight should just fall of by eating within your calorie limits, but it still takes time. It took time to put on the weight and it will take time for it to come off. I didn't lose anything scale wise until my second week and it was only around a pound then. Everyone loses weight differently so you can't expect drastic results in such a little time span. Stick with it and the weight loss will come.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5 days...

exactly! how much were you expecting to lose in 5 days?!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Keep at it hun, losing weight is a lot longer journey than 5 days (as is gaining it). Stick with a a calorie defecit that should result in 1lb a week loss and get some exercise and the weight really will come off. Maybe not as fast as you would like, but it will eventually.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Give it longer than 5 days. :)

There's not much else people can say unless you give more info about what you're doing / eating to lose the weight.
  • rrjohnboy
    Options
    Even if your loosing nothing, you are still developing great habits. What you do now will pay off big time later, because you will have your cravings and diet under control.

I lost a load of weight in my first 1 1/2 months, then nothing for a month. This is torture when you are doing everything right and being good. Just remember its a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep going, do plenty of exercise, walking I found to be the best.

One final thing, only look at the scales on a weekly or bi-weekly period. Standing on the things every few hours will just make you feel worst. And try to stick to the same time of day when weighing yourself. You will note a drastic difference in weight from morning to night.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Seriously Patience is a virtue. try working your *kitten* off doing insanity and stuff like and being on a plateau for 5 months!! It sucks - 5 days I wouldn't care! sorry, but you need to commit to a life time change, not a diet and eventually it will catch up with you.
  • aliciakong
    aliciakong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way that I am not losing fast enough. You just have to not give up. This thing works.
  • Millie4l
    Millie4l Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have started on the 5+2 diet and it works. You eat as normal for 5 days then fast for 2 days. On fast days you can eat up to 500 calories for a woman and 600 for a man. At first I had the fast days side by side but found on day two that I was feeling really tired so now fast Mon and Thurs. Since starting this way of eating I have lost a LOT of weight. Feel better too.....

I make batches of home made vegetable soups - no additives or thickeners just veg. I use a paper cup as a measuring device as portion size is very important.
  • rrjohnboy
    Options
    I make batches of home made vegetable soups - no additives or thickeners just veg. I use a paper cup as a measuring device as portion size is very important.

Hi Millie4l, do you have the recipe for your soup???? :) Sorry for hijacking, but a good staple like this can do wonders :)