so pissed at myself

Options
2»

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    If I can give you two tips that work for me that I think would help.

1. Join a gym... Not a treadmill farm but a GYM... One with group exercise classes and good people. The cheap places charge $10 a month because most people don't go. At a good gym you will see the same people every time you go and they have good group exercise classes like Spinning and Zumba and many others. A treadmill in your living room is too easy not to do but if you at least get yourself to the gym and walk into the group exercise room you will do it.

2. Have a reasonable cheat meal once a week. I know it sounds like a cheat or an easy way out but it isn't. It takes a long time to get to the weight you want to be and while the cheat meal might slow it down a tiny tiny bit (less if you go to the gym) what is important is that it will keep you on the diet for longer.

if you tell yourself you can NEVER have that pizza or that burger you're going to eventually quit... What's better a temporary diet that theoretically works fast or a permanent lifestyle that will be a tiny tiny bit slower than the other diet? As long as you log everything (get a heart monitor for the gym and you can see how many calories you burn) you can have that cheat meal AND still come under your weekly calorie goal.

Believe me, it works!

You can do this... If *I* can so can you!

I agree with this.. I have an elliptical and when my PF got really bad, I just stopped using it. I finally got tired of my weight so I talked to the local gym about a scholarship for the fitness center and now I pay half price to use it and get access to all their fitness classes. I started going to their Zumba classes and really loved it that I ordered the QVC set for home so I can change up routines more frequently.

I have to say I have been very good and go to they gym 5x a week for weights or Zumba...

Also allow yourself treats, just don't binge..eat the candy bar, piece of cake...just in moderation..
  • Coryd2012
    Coryd2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    don't beat your self up chin up and start again the next day this is what i have been doing and its working i lose my way one day but just keep trying .

you can do this believe in yourself that's the first step:happy:
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I go through spells myself. Right now, I'm doing really good! But in a few weeks, I'll exercise 0/4 times that week! I know it. With me just stopping smoking I'm waiting for the depression to hit. Trying to prevent with the exercise and endorphins though. I, too, could you some support! Feel free to add me!
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    If I can give you two tips that work for me that I think would help.

1. Join a gym... Not a treadmill farm but a GYM... One with group exercise classes and good people. The cheap places charge $10 a month because most people don't go. At a good gym you will see the same people every time you go and they have good group exercise classes like Spinning and Zumba and many others. A treadmill in your living room is too easy not to do but if you at least get yourself to the gym and walk into the group exercise room you will do it.

2. Have a reasonable cheat meal once a week. I know it sounds like a cheat or an easy way out but it isn't. It takes a long time to get to the weight you want to be and while the cheat meal might slow it down a tiny tiny bit (less if you go to the gym) what is important is that it will keep you on the diet for longer.

if you tell yourself you can NEVER have that pizza or that burger you're going to eventually quit... What's better a temporary diet that theoretically works fast or a permanent lifestyle that will be a tiny tiny bit slower than the other diet? As long as you log everything (get a heart monitor for the gym and you can see how many calories you burn) you can have that cheat meal AND still come under your weekly calorie goal.

Believe me, it works!

You can do this... If *I* can so can you!

Amen!!!!!