has it happened to you?

Options
just wondering wether this has happened to anyone? You eat clean all week your clothes feel better you look forward to weighing because you have a good feeling about the how much you are down by and even in the mirror you look good......BUT come weigh day you weigh the same OR more!

Replies

• Yep. Worse is that I go swimming lengths 3 times a week!
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    Happens all the time unfortunately but I try not to get too down about it as usually it is followed by a really good weightloss a bit later. It all catches up in the end.

It's very hard not to be too focussed on the scales (says me who weighs myself every morning) but if you are feeling the difference and eating well then you must be doing the right things.

Keep at it :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just wondering wether this has happened to anyone? You eat clean all week your clothes feel better you look forward to weighing because you have a good feeling about the how much you are down by and even in the mirror you look good......BUT come weigh day you weigh the same OR more!

and that is why you should not rely on the scales for validation of how well you are doing!

i have weighed the same (within 3-4lbs) for a year, but i am getting smaller as i am losing bodyfat....
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happened to me this morning :sad:
  • PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    yeah i've been stuck on same weight for about 6 weeks now and am getting very fit..6-7 classes a week and try a swim in there too ... i feel it with you!!!!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mr Scale is not my friend anymore, he doesnt play fair when Mr Measuring Tape and Ms Body Fat Caliper do. He's sulking in the bathroom right now.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It happens a lot to me too. That's why I'm not weighing in this month at all, and focussing instead on how I feel, how my clothes feel, and how I look (and of course measurements). After that month there should be some form of loss on the scale as well ;)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    That is why you don't weigh yourself.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    That is why you don't weigh yourself.
    That's true but it's like popping a pimple - you know you shouldn't but do it anyway and regret it afterwards. Sometimes it works in your favour though.
  • Tracey1147
    Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
    Options

and that is why you should not rely on the scales for validation of how well you are doing!

i have weighed the same (within 3-4lbs) for a year, but i am getting smaller as i am losing bodyfat....

I'm the same as this