FIngers crossed this time is the last time i start a diet !

Options
SuzMcH
SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
Hi, I'm Suzanne, I'm 34 and a serial dieter.

I've been using myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks now. And have lost 9lbs since I strted dieting again this time.
I've been a serial dieter since I was 15. I've tried every diet going so this time I've just gone back to good old fashioned calorie counting and so far it's working.

I ahve a 16month old little boy and ideally I would like him to never to remember me fat.

Fingers crossed this is the last time I start a diet. I plan to finish this one thin (well thinner at least!) Suz x

Replies

• PCOSucks
    Options
    Hi Suzanne,

Like you, I'm a "serial-dieter" and have been since I was around 11 or 12. YIKES! My fingers are crossed that I stick with this too! Congrats on being a mommy. I have PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome) My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for two years and - no luck. There's a chance if I lose some of my weight, I'll be more likely to get pregnant, so that's one of my main motivations. I wish you the best of luck in your weight-loss, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I too am a “Wham-o” … and oddly enough, at my age it has now sunk in t:blushing: hat eating healthy is the only way to take charge (there are no short cuts). Just think of the wonderful role model :happy: you’re making for your son! In addition – I wish to say congratulations on your little treasure.:flowerforyou: I guess we have to think of it this way… we want to spend quality time with our children even if it is limited. Our diets are limited so these too need to be quality. Good luck in your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Suzanne, I'm 34 and a serial dieter.

I've been using myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks now. And have lost 9lbs since I strted dieting again this time.
    I've been a serial dieter since I was 15. I've tried every diet going so this time I've just gone back to good old fashioned calorie counting and so far it's working.

I ahve a 16month old little boy and ideally I would like him to never to remember me fat.

Fingers crossed this is the last time I start a diet. I plan to finish this one thin (well thinner at least!) Suz x

This WILL be the last time, because MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work!!! :bigsmile:
    I was ALSO a serial dieter my whole life. (Try having a skinny twin sister for added aggrevation! :grumble: :cry: )
    I tried EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until I came here. And when I DID come here, I figured it'd be just like all the others. I'd last just so long, and then give up! :embarassed: BUT, I started losing alittle each week, and eventually it dawned on me that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, I COULD actually lose all the weight that I wanted to! :smile: So I lowered the goal weight I'd put in, and within 8 months, I reached my goal! :bigsmile: Course, now for the last 14 months, I've just been juggling with the same 5 or 6 pounds. I WANTED to lose a few more, but, I'm pretty darned happy where I'm at, so it's no biggy if I don't. :bigsmile:
    I don't plan to EVER leave MFP, :noway: because logging my foods and being more aware of what I'm eating is going to keep me from going back to the way I was BEFORE MFP! :wink:
    Anyway though, you stick with MFP, log all your foods, preferably BEFORE you have them, get some exercise, read (and even start) threads on the board, and drink lots of water, and you WILL lose all the weight that you want to! :wink: :smile:
  • Tootsie4
    Options
    Well done! Keep on keeping on! One day at a time eh? x