Anyone Else Grow A Crush On Their Fitness Instructor? (Yoga)

Easywider
Easywider Posts: 434 Member
Well let me start off by saying this is humiliatingly juvenile for me and it brings back feelings of those odd puppy love days of middle school.

I recently started attending Yoga as per recommendation from a friend. Initially I was reluctant to attend...purely due to my own ignorance. After the first session however, I realized just how beneficial this practice is for my athleticism and overall wellness. So three classes later...I find myself more and more attracted to my instructor! (studio owner). I'm enamored by her...Not only is she beautiful, but she's strong, accomplished, enduring, gentle, and loving...A total alpha, you couldn't ask for more.

Anyway...She's 30 with two children and I'm 23...And I doubt she even sees me in 1/8th of the light I see her through...but these aren't exactly common feelings for someone like me.

So my question is...Is this normal? Have you ever found yourself crushing on a fitness instructor of any kind? How did it go for you?

Thanks,

Replies

• Leave her a love note on her windshield
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    go for it... perhaps she's just waiting for an "athletic stoner who loves cats" to brighten up her life with a little sunshine.
  • Easywider
    go for it... perhaps she's just waiting for an "athletic stoner who loves cats" to brighten up her life with a little sunshine.

Hey! You've got quite the memory! :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Started coaching my friend Yo in June and we're now seeing each other and have been for about 3-4 months. LOL
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    My yoga instructor was a lovely, patient, totally cute woman in her 30's. I'm a girl and was not really "into" her, but all the guys in my class were far too happy to be there every day :laugh:
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    It's totally normal, happens all the time, and that's why you should DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Aside from everything else, it's not ethical for an instructor to date their students. It's fine to enjoy the crushy feelings, but if she's interested, she'll let you know.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Actually, I had a personal trainer that I started to crush on. Fast Forward....

We've been together for over 2 years.

The fact that she has children and is a significant amount older may not be in your favor though, it all depends on the situation.

I will say though that it is easy to be attracted to an instructor. I think my current trainers are amazing all in their own way and I think that one in particular is very attractive. However, as much as I admire him for his strength, ability, knowledge and overall smokin body, I know what I have at home is way better and I do not want him or like him "like that". I know it is just an admiration and nothing more.

Eye candy is awesome when you work out. :)
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    I have a personal trainer, and had the exact opposite effect that you've got going on. He's a cute-ish guy, but the more I meet with him, the more I want to punch him in the face. Respectfully, of course.

Your situation? Eh, move on. If she's a beautiful yoga instructor, she's probably had tons of dudes hit on her. Something about tight pants on a woman does stupid things to boy brains. Don't be one of the stupid boys.
  • Easywider
    It's totally normal, happens all the time, and that's why you should DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Aside from everything else, it's not ethical for an instructor to date their students. It's fine to enjoy the crushy feelings, but if she's interested, she'll let you know.

You're absolutely right...and as much as I'm melted by her mere thought, I'm rational about the situation. I know nothing will come of this and I'll continue to attend classes, for myself, and repress my immature emotions.

She does flirt with me...confidently at that. So it's comforting to know she at least finds me cute. :)
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    dang bro, you always go for these girls with kids and stuff, I think you're just attracted to mommies (daddy senses tingling)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member

You're absolutely right...and as much as I'm melted by her mere thought, I'm rational about the situation. I know nothing will come of this and I'll continue to attend classes, for myself, and repress my immature emotions.

She does flirt with me...confidently at that. So it's comforting to know she at least finds me cute. :)

Screw that!! Life is too short. Go for it. What do you have to lose????
  • Easywider
    dang bro, you always go for these girls with kids and stuff, I think you're just attracted to mommies (daddy senses tingling)

I know I know...I just like my girls a little bit older.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Yoga instructors are not supposed to date their students. It happens all the time though. Some famous yoga instructors became infamous for such behavior -- usually the genders are the other way around. It is very easy to confuse the good feeling from yoga, the gratitude you feel for an instructor, with something deeper.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Keep it professional man. It's generally a no-no to get involved with the client. Same thing goes for your massage therapist and martial arts instructor, etc. Code of ethics prohibits (not that it's not widely disregarded by some).

LOL, now I can't get Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" out of my head.
  • Easywider
    You all make good points..and I agree. I'm just a child with a noob crush on a woman who I deem superior than myself on many levels. I just wish she had more flaws that I DIDN'T like...So far all I have on her is slight arrogance...but I find it attractive and merited.

I must find some emotional discipline!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member

I know I know...I just like my girls a little bit older.

How much older?
    :bigsmile:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Mmmm, Rippetoe :love:
  • My new trainer is a cutie and much younger but even if I did fancy him (aside the fact I'm happily married) I'd never do anything... even if he liked me, too (which he does NOT haha), I'd not want to lose a great amazing trainer.

You can use her as a meter stick to measure your future real life female partners against!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    So, you've found a model for your ideal woman. Go look for someone with the same traits that is more your age and build a life with her.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    I, too, have an insanely huge crush on my yoga instructor. She is beautiful, intelligent, caring, sincere, and all around amazing. I get butterflies whenever she touches me to correct my postures. I am seriously like a school girl when it comes to her. If I had the funds I'd yoga stalk her all over NYC as she teaches at lots of studios.

What do I do about it? Nothing; I enjoy it. I enjoy the tingly feelings I get, the butterflies when she comes over to talk to me after class. It's just a crush.

Besides, she's married with children and I assume not into women. I'm in a committed relationship with a man. There is nothing to be done about it so I just enjoy class and think about how awesome she is. I use it to inspire me to become as awesome as she is. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers!