Eating the same thing every day.

Options
How bad is it to eat the same thing every day? I'm such a creature of habit! I pretty much eat a lot of oatmeal, apples, yogurt, special k red berries, almond milk, and that's about it.... I eat my calories just not a lot of variety.

Replies

• repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    i dont really think its a big deal. i know oatmeal actually helps you burn fat if you eat the unsweetened kind. im in the army and really dont have choice but to eat mostly the same crap all the time but with workingout i was still able to lose 10lbs since i been in this crappy country of kuwait
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am very similar. I tend to stick to the same foods day in day out. I've managed to shift 20 lbs doing it so it can't be that bad! I'm high protein though, and eat a lot of fruit, veg etc so I'm pretty sure it's all balanced. I think as long as it's pretty clean food you will be ok.
  • jesz124
    Options
    i dont really think its a big deal. i know oatmeal actually helps you burn fat if you eat the unsweetened kind. im in the army and really dont have choice but to eat mostly the same crap all the time but with workingout i was still able to lose 10lbs since i been in this crappy country of kuwait

How on earth does oatmeal help you burn fat?! Intriging...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    except for the yogurt and depending on what kind of yogurt, you eat very little protein...how many grams are you getting in a day?
    how many fat grams?
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    it keeps you full longer. and veggies will help also because you can eat way more vegies and get full while taking in less calories. with veggies its like i can eat 1lb and take in like 250 cal or whatever or i can eat a 1lb burger and take in 1000cal and still be the same fullness
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, i like to get into a routine,, but come weekend time,, nope, i do what i want.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    except for the yogurt and depending on what kind of yogurt, you eat very little protein...how many grams are you getting in a day?
    how many fat grams?

About 50 proteins and 20 fats. I eat low carb and greek yogurt.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

no food, including oatmeal, burns fat

nothing burns fat except a caloric deficit

somewhere, somehow, many people decided that oatmeal is a magic health food. It isn't. It is a decent source of carbs and fiber but it isn't magical.
  • paigeslims
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing exeryday and I don't think it really matters as long as its balanced :)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things for about a week or 10 days. Then I go grocery shopping again and get different things.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to the same breakfast everyday and lunch I usually switch between a few things. Dinner is always different and I really don't get bored. I've done pretty well with my weightloss so IMO I don't think it matters much.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    how many fat grams?

About 50 proteins and 20 fats. I eat low carb and greek yogurt.

I do about triple both of those and I am sort of low carb myself
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I think you need to have some more protein and fat in your diet. It's mostly carbs.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    also a creature of habbit, i like what i like lost 32 lbs so far diet is balanced if i go out to resturant to eat i do change it up but have a nice routine going and it works well for me.
  • jesz124
    Options

no food, including oatmeal, burns fat

nothing burns fat except a caloric deficit

somewhere, somehow, many people decided that oatmeal is a magic health food. It isn't. It is a decent source of carbs and fiber but it isn't magical.

Oatmeal sucks *kitten*! Bleugh!! :tongue: :laugh:
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    yep, i like to get into a routine,, but come weekend time,, nope, i do what i want.

lol ditto! but i squeeze in at least one wrk out during the weekend!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a good protein source. You should eat nuts and cottage cheese, or meat if you aren't vegan.

I follow the same routine sometimes.... but I try to switch up things or else I get tired of it and find a way to go off logging and splurge. Ah!

Anyhoww~ You're doing fine! Keep up the good work :}
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating the same thing as long as you have a balanced diet and your getting everything your body needs.

There are some things I eat every single day. Cottage cheese, applesauce, greek yogurt, grapes, carrots.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting adequate macro and micro nutrients it doesn't matter if you eat the same things every day or not.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I eat relatively the same thing each day... I have a repertoire of foods that I know and like, so I always do a combination of those. I usually like to try a new recipe for dinner once or twice a week though to keep things interesting.