Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

finding time?????

Does anyone have good advice for finding time to exercise when you are buisy as crap!!!:grumble:

Replies

• samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    I put it on my schedule and treat it like I would any other appointment. Most days it is after work, but some days it is lunch time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    whats your current schedule on a normal day...?
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Priorities. You just have to make it important and you will find the time.
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Hey, it took me ages before I realised you have to just be clever with your time and it's not necessarily about scheduling exercise classes but figuring out how you can do that little bit extra with your day.

For me, I'm not a member of a gym and didn't want to be so I just found reasons to walk more places. Now I walk to work every day (just over 4 miles) and I only have to get up half an hour earlier in the morning. I think it also depends if you have kids (I don't) or it's your work that keeps you busy (I work 8.30am - 7 most days) as that will affect how you approach the planning.

Good luck!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member

Agree! There is loads of time, it just depends on what is more important to do in it.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    I use my breaks at work to hula hoop. You can take a walk or do the stairs. You can't find the time - you have to make it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member

^^This!

I get up at 4:15 every morning so I can work out. You have to make time. No excuses.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Try splitting it into segments and finding things you can do without leaving home.

For me, I do Slim in 6 for 20-40 minutes before work (depending on if I get up in time, don't get distracted posting on here, etc) and after dinner I do 20-40 minutes of either riding the stationary bike at my apartment complex or walking/running/jogging around the perimeter.

If I don't do both of those things, I sorely miss them. Once you establish a routine, you'll miss it when it's gone.

Good luck!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    schedule it like anything else. maybe do something like prepare/freeze meals on Sunday so that you have more time to exercise.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    If you can't find one long block of time to exercise, take several smaller blocks of time. Pace while you're on the telephone, walk up steps instead of taking an elevator, park as far from the door as you can, etc. It adds up.
  • My fitness instructor just said, "A 60 minute workout is only 4% of your day. No excuses." What I do is give up an hour of TV time in the evening and go workout. Sometimes it even has to wait until my kids are in bed, but I still do it.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    You are no longer allowed to say "I don't have time." It is now, "It's not a priority"
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I get up early and get it done before my family is up - if I don't do it first thing, it doesn't get done. It used to be 6am, but sometimes my family was still up too soon, so I pushed it back to 5:30, and now 5:00 - and since hubby was up before I was done this morning (what?? he's not a morning person! LOL), I'm considering getting up even earlier. It's a priority! It's tough at first, but it has become a habit.
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    wake up early or go to bed late
    not having time is just kinda an excuse
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    I am a mother of 3 (11yr, 3.5yr, and 10week baby), a wife, and I work full time 40hrs a week. I just had to make it a priority. I sat down with my husband, and found a time frame each day that I can get away and have time for me.

I am not a morning person, so the morning wasnt going to work. We decided on 730-9p. That way I can cook and feed the family dinner, help with homework, give the younger kids baths, and then be home in time to tuck everyone into bed.

Without the commitment from my hubby, there would be no way I could be successful.