Pregnancy 2010 - Week 5

Options
2»

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Oh Angela! I hope it gets better and soon!
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on week four of C25K, but I keep repeating weeks. I think my body is ready to move on, but my head isn't. I wish I could get to a place where running is relaxing and/or enjoyable, but I just can't!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was really really really wanting to work out yesterday, but I vomited 3 times last night and was soooo nauseas that I couldn't get myself to do anything. Anyone who's been pregnant before have any advice? If it wasn't dark outside I would have been able to tolerate walking outdoors (my treadmill's in with the kitty litter, which didn't sound appealing last night)
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a good cure for you, Angela. I threw up multiple times a day for 18 weeks and never found anything that really helped. I found it to be the worst when I ate a big meal. Stick to lots of little meals. Oh, and Taco Bell. That was the one thing that I could always eat! :)
  • jalara
    Options
    Okay - so 3/4 days are done. How is everyone doing oon the challenge so far?

Of the last 3 days, I've gotten 2 60 minute cardio sessions in. Wahoo! And yesterday I was FINALLY under my calories (a little).
  • jalara
    Options
    Okay - so 3/4 days are done. How is everyone doing oon the challenge so far?

Oops - I meant 3/7 days are done! LOL
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I just found out that one of my friends that was among the 6 of us pregnant had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago when she was as far along as I am now. Makes me sad, and scared. Trying to think possitive thoughts only.
  • jalara
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear tht Angela. Have you spoken with her? How is she holding up?

In the interest of full disclosure, I've has 2 miscarriages (hence the upcoming surgery), and it's not easy, but as you dal with it it becomes part of your life and you can move forward. The percentage chances are high, but knowing that never helps. My gyno told me that if you are experiencing sever pregnancy side effects (morning sickness, etc) it's a good sign. It means that the hormones are doing what they need to, and your body is reacting in a good way.

Hugs Angela!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well I did fairly well the last few days considering. I am only at 2/7 days on the challenge, but I have done OK eatting. Last week was very stressful, emotional, etc. I am hoping this week will get back to normal and I can focus on myself again. I have my gym clothes in the car, and hopfully I will go on my way home from work.

Angela - Think happy thoughts. Although some people do have miscarriages, many many many women do not. We are all sending positive vibes your way:flowerforyou:
  • jalara
    Options
    I'm not sure how this will sound (I heard it on a Baby Forum at www.thebump.com). But Sticky Baby Dust is being sent to you Angela! I know it sounds a little corny, but the sentiment is real.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    what is sticky baby dust?
  • jalara
    Options
    It' supposed to be a wish for the pregnancy to 'stick'.
  • jalara
    Options
    Food additives - http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm

I found this site and thought I'd share it.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just turned down McDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Co-workers are all going to McDonalds for lunch, and I will be staying here and eatting my salad! That is a HUGE accomplishment in my book. I even went a plugged it all into my food diary just to see if it would all fit in, and it would....but I turned it down anyway, figuring the food would probably just make me feel crapy and sluggish all afternoon!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    good for you Amanda! Even if it fits into your calorie goal it's still not good for your and definately doesn't help with weight loss. Congrats on this accomplishment. With my pregnancy I'm totally all over french fries and milkshakes so it's been hard to work towards being healthy.

Still haven't exercised (well I walked for a half hour with a friend one day in the last 3 weeks!) ... and I'm working all day today and then school all evening. I'm exhausted today so I'm hoping to have the energy to go home and at least walk on the treadmill. I have been given the ok to continue all my normal exercises and I know once I get going it will be easy to continue
  • jalara
    Options