LADIES ONLY

Options

Replies

• CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I cut myself slack on the wicked hormonal days. Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes easing up a bit is better than the world having to tolerate my already b*tchy self under deprivation. It ain't pretty... lol.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I can't help myself when TOM comes around, the pull of the chocolate bar is just too strong, as indicated by my food log, lol. However; I do like to weigh myself, cuz it feels that much better when I weigh myself after it's over and I feel like I've lost 3 lbs overnight!!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    PS- I still weight every morning despite the bloat. Becuase so, I totally understand my body's weight patterns, including retention due to hormones and sodium.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh! I am totally going through this right now! I am so frustrated! I was "why in... hasn't the scale moved!" this morning. LOL I was so upset and cranky that I took forever to get ready for work and have been grumpy for most of my day now. Glad to know that this is the issue...holding steady at one weight!
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I cut myself slack on the wicked hormonal days. Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes easing up a bit is better than the world having to tolerate my already *****y self under deprivation. It ain't pretty... lol.

AMEN! that right there saves lives.
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    when I still had periods I am in menopause now
    I got a great advice tip from my male cardiologist
    give into the cravings eat the 2 nicest chocolate bonbons you can find
    and then stop overeating
    best advice I got
    I never again ate the whole box of chocolates
    I still use this great advice
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    DONT MIND THEM FEEL FREE TO ALL CAPS AL YOU PLEASE SISTER ALSO I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR PERIOD JOURNEY AND WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY AND ANY OTHER JOURNEYS YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKING NOW AND IN THE FUTURE SHALOM
    You KNOW I still love you, though we touched and went our separate ways!
    WE SHOULD TOUCH AGAIN SOMETIME SOON ILL CALL YOU OKAY
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    DONT MIND THEM FEEL FREE TO ALL CAPS AL YOU PLEASE SISTER ALSO I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR PERIOD JOURNEY AND WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY AND ANY OTHER JOURNEYS YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKING NOW AND IN THE FUTURE SHALOM
    You KNOW I still love you, though we touched and went our separate ways!
    WE SHOULD TOUCH AGAIN SOMETIME SOON ILL CALL YOU OKAY

Someday love will find you...
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    HI LADIES,

SORRY LADIES I KNOW IT'S STUIP QUESTION BUT I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW.

WHEN I GET MY MONTHLY PERIOD, I START TO EAT TO MUCH ON THE FRIST DAY ABOUT 1500 CALORIES AND I WORKOUT TOO , BUT AFTER THAT I GO BACK TO MY 1200 CALORIES. BUT THE WHOLE WEEK MY WEIGHT IS NOT EVEN DOWN.

SO SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL MY MONTHLY PERIOD FINISH AND I WEIGHT MYSELF.

THANK YOU AND SORRY AGAIN LADIES FOR MY QUESTION.

I agree, no weighing in on pms. you can gain about 5 lbs per period. I know gals who do more. Its best to just drink water, lots, and skip weighing till next week.
  • midnight333
    Options
    I'm on my TOM right now, but I lost 1.5 lbs this past week. I'm still holding at current weight. I'm a constant weigher I really don't notice a change in my weight pattern when I'm on my monthy visit. I usually will fluctuate .5lbs up and down, but that's it all the time every day.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would weigh myself after TOM leaves.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    HI LADIES,

WHEN I GET MY MONTHLY PERIOD, I START TO EAT TO MUCH ON THE FRIST DAY ABOUT 1500 CALORIES AND I WORKOUT TOO , BUT AFTER THAT I GO BACK TO MY 1200 CALORIES. BUT THE WHOLE WEEK MY WEIGHT IS NOT EVEN DOWN.

Dont weigh on period week, your body naturally fluctuates and it is not a reflection of diet or exercise. It means you are healthy.

Caps Lock on the internet means YOU ARE SCREAMING IN ANGER!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    HI LADIES,

Dont weigh on period week, your body naturally fluctuates and it is not a reflection of diet or exercise. It means you are healthy.

Caps Lock on the internet means YOU ARE SCREAMING IN ANGER!

This. I find weighing in on period week to just be bad for my brain. Skip the week and start back up the following week with weighing in on your normal day.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother with weighing yourself during TOM. Your body is retaining fluid. So it won't be a correct reading anyway.

Agreed!! :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    OMG NO DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF ON YOUR PERIOD. OMG NO YOU'LL JUST CRY AND CRY BECAUSE YOU'LL THINK UR SUPER FAT. DON'T DO THAT TO YOURSELF! UR ALREADY HORMONAL ENOUGH DURING THAT TIME!
  • almostmrsfox
    almostmrsfox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings. Today is 2-3 days before TOM for me. I *rocked* this week both in my diet and at the gym and lost a whopping 0.6 lbs according to my scale this morning. It was a loss.. but still. If I didn't need the structure of weighing in weekly I would stay away from the scale arouns TOM.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    OMG NO DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF ON YOUR PERIOD. OMG NO YOU'LL JUST CRY AND CRY BECAUSE YOU'LL THINK UR SUPER FAT. DON'T DO THAT TO YOURSELF! UR ALREADY HORMONAL ENOUGH DURING THAT TIME!

FIRST TIME FOR TOM HUH?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I still weigh myself every single day. I have learned a lot about my body and the way it reacts to my food choices through daily morning weigh-ins. I know when I've not had enough water the day prior because my weight can be up as much as two pounds. I know after I've had chinese food I'll weigh heavier because of the sodium and water retention. I can tell my period is coming because my weight actually drops pretty low the day prior to the start...

It's science, and it's cool.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

FIRST TIME FOR TOM HUH?

Im surprised at how many people dont pay attention to their period until their 200th one.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* See 123,426,235,678 other posts on this topic.
    334.jpg

lol

http://allwomenstalk.com/top-i-dont-wanna-workout-excuses/