Do ya'll enter in your weight?

Options

Replies

• gboybama
    gboybama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it as well. By observing all fluctuations, I think I get a better idea of what kind of weekly trend I'm setting and I can mentally tie my cheats to bad results. In other words, if I know that I'm going to pay tomorrow at the scale for drinking that extra beer, I might be more motivated to abstain. Plus, I just enjoy crunching all those numbers.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    When I lose. Because my fluctuations are almost always water retention.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thursdays are my weigh in days...and I enter it in no matter how much I don't like it.
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning and record what it says. There is no point weighing in more than once a week as the body can fluctuate up to 2lbs every day depending on water intake etc
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning and enter whatever it says.
  • 1959Shelly
    Options
    Every weigh in day (Monday) whether I like it or not.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Only when I lose.. Lately, it's every second week or so. Not because my efforts are less or more, simply because that is how my body works.
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Yes when I was losing, I weighed myself once per week and enter it regardless of the results.
  • Minnie92x
    Options
    I enter both, as i only weigh about once a month it's often loss or gain.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning and I record it, no matter what it is.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Only when I lose. I fluctuate too much. Would drive myself insane every day. If my calories are excessive and they'd indicate weight gain from that, then I would. But, with a deficit and water fluctuations I see no reason.

^^ This.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I only enter a gain if it sticks around for more than a week...which hasn't happened since I started back a couple of months ago after a long break.
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I log my weight only when lose and I only log full numbers, no .2, .6. 1.3 for me. I like -2 pounds, -1 pound, I just want to know my main weight. It also gives me something to keep me going, seeing the scale go down almost weekly and sometimes bi-weekly! :O)
  • PiperMommy11
    Options
    I enter my weight everyday because I weigh myself everyday. However, if I have 'gained'... the next 'loss' that is only back to where I already had been.. I remove the' post' because it isn't truly a loss in my book. Now, if I end up lower than I previously had been (lowest weight) then I will leave the post. But I always enter my weight so I can see the 'graph'. :)
  • joshuaadavidd
    Options
    This is funny, because I actually went in yesterday and entered every day on MFP that I weighed in but either forgot or was too vain to enter at the time. I weigh in every day, and I keep a nerdy spreadsheet of every day's weigh-in, along with the weight loss the previous 7 days, and charts mapping my progress. It's been a great tool to help me see when I gain (weekends) and cross-referencing it to my food helps me realize what might be slowing me down.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    When I loose. It reflects the lowest point of weight fluctuations. And it's consistent.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself frequently throughout the day, but Thursdays are my official weigh-in day. Right now I only update it on mfp if it's a loss, but I'm still losing pretty steadily so it might only be a week that I skip between recording.

I'm getting close to maintenance, and then I will probably switch over to recording regardless to keep me honest, but I haven't decided whether it will be weekly or fortnightly.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Generally only when i lose. Unless my weight gain stays for 2 weeks in a row and then I will add it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Every day I weigh, which is every day.

Why not?
  • vmarie74
    vmarie74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been entering too often - each time I see a drop - I need to just do it once a week. And put in my weight regardless.