i Phone 5

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
Hi All,
Just curious to know what people think of the I Phone 5.

Do you like the new design?

i just held the device and i dont know if i really like the new design.
i have the I phone 4 and like the design better i think..

what do you think?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Like the design better? Um. The "new design" is an extra row of icons. Not exactly brain science.

I'm an Android fan.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I like the fact tha it's lighter... but not much of a new design. Hate the fact that the connector aint the same.
    At the end, I have change my iPhone 3 for the 4... no money no candy!
  • Aross83
    Options
    Like the design better? Um. The "new design" is an extra row of icons. Not exactly brain science.

I'm an Android fan.

umm well thanks for the response but the whole size and thickness is not the same... if your an android fan than why bother answering..
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I came from an iphone 3g, so I absolutely love it, it's a huge upgrade. I use the reminders a ton more because of siri, and it's just much better. Now, as far as the physical size - I work in a chemical plant and am a klutz, so I have to keep it in an Otter Box that certainly negates some of the lighter / smaller size.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I have held an iPhone 5 and it seems like the lack of weight would take some getting used to. I did like the extra length. I also like getting rid of the glass on the back. I don't mind the new connector like some do, I mean, most of our speakers are "Airplay" and we wirelessly sync, so there won't be much adjustment in my house, but I can see how people would be upset if they have a lot of accessories. At the same time, i think that sometimes it's a little counter-intuitive to want bigger, lighter, faster, but still keep a clunky and space consuming part of the design.

For me, I will probably upgrade to it in a month or so, because I do like iOS6 a lot and it has some features that i think i would utilize that are not available on the 4. However, if you like the design of the 4, then upgrading to a 4S gets you the same design and most of the iOS6 features.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I switched from an Epic to the Iphone 5, and I love it! It's tiny and very easy to use.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I'm an Android fan.

umm well thanks for the response but the whole size and thickness is not the same... if your an android fan than why bother answering..

Because you don't own the interwebz? neener. neener. neener.

If your an android fan then at least what OS your running and which ROM/Kernel setup? Overclocked, underclocked? what?

As for iPhone 5, I think it is great, love it to be honest... Then again I am security/software and hardware engineer... So I mess around with more than a few devices :P but yea... I work for an apple company, so preference obviously is apple... I mean what... Mac Pro, MBP, iPads, iPods and new iPhones... I thinking about apple tv too...

But yea, any android person who is using the standard crappy android OS is seriously stupid :/... the device manufacturers rarely make the software run to the full potential because of bloatware etc and their stupid UI... of note is stupid touchwhizz and sense... Try a Cyanogen Mod for your device for a few weeks and you'll see the difference... :/
  • Aross83
    Options
    I came from an iphone 3g, so I absolutely love it, it's a huge upgrade. I use the reminders a ton more because of siri, and it's just much better. Now, as far as the physical size - I work in a chemical plant and am a klutz, so I have to keep it in an Otter Box that certainly negates some of the lighter / smaller size.

yeah i just like my 4 i guess.. i dont like how long and skinny it is..
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded from the 4 and I love it. It is a lot thinner and lighter. Even with my Otter box it is lighter than my friend's android. I like that it's longer and a lot faster. I've had no issues with it. It's been fun getting used to Siri. So let's see: Camera's much better,it's faster, lighter, slim and longer. I also like how I have an extra row of apps plus you can include more in the folder's too. I'm glad I made the upgrade.