Pins and Needles?

Options
Does anyone else get pins and needles in their feet when they've been using an elliptical trainer for a while? I assume its because you're not lifting your feet off the machine like you would running on the treadmill, but its really annoying me and I wonder if i'm the only one?!

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    I don't like the elliptical but that happens to me when I run. For me it normally means I've tied my shoes too tightly. I have to keep my laces really loose or my toes will fall asleep.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It's why there's only one that I can use (and it's $7,000 ... so one day ...) but I've heard that it's something about not picking up your feet, but if you do, then you screw up the elliptical-ing. Maybe it's something that you could mix up elliptical to treadmill back to the elliptical?

Good luck! (And I imagine if it continues after the elliptical, you would want to see a doctor about neuropathy, etc.)
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    Yep, happens to me every time on the elliptical. I can run/bike forever with no issues.
  • shirk13
    Options
    All the time. Normally happens after about 20 mins for me. I have found that if I lift my toes off the foot pad when I am going forward it tends to help.
  • kabailz13
    kabailz13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep, happens to me too!! So frustrating!!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It happens to me also, and usually after about 10 or 15 minutes in. I'm glad you posted this because I thought there was something wrong with me, but it's good to know I'm not the only one.
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem too. I actually lose feeling in my toes entirely.

I am pretty sure it has to do with your circulation, which is why loosening you laces may help. As far as I know, there are no really health hazards, aside from annoyance. :wink:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Yeah i quit using the eliptical for a while cause my toes were numbing....i started running now cause it got irritating
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to know this happens to other people as well! I thought I had circulation problems or something!