I'm new.

Options
Hi. My name is Krystal and I am 19, and I weigh in at approximately, 270 pds. I have had real problems with my weight my whole entire life... I sound like I have been alive for decades, lol!... I am trying to change my life around. I have heart issues in my family. My father has a pace maker in his chest, and my mother, about a year and a half ago, had a heart attack. She is still alive. I seem to be developing some heart problems, and I think they are from just being obese. I want to show to my fiancee and my mother and my sister, which are the three loves in my life... well, besides God, that I can lose weight. Since June of last year, I have gained over 50 pounds, and I am just not satisfied with myself. I love myself, but I know that I am obese and I have to do something about it. I just want some support, other then my fiancee and my mother. I ask my fiancee to help me watch what I eat, but he doesn't really stick to it. It's not his fault either, because it takes me to not stick that food into my mouth. But, we are supposed to be getting married in a year or more, and we are trying to have a baby, and I just want to get fit for myself. I have noticed things here lately that just don't make me too happy. I can't even really walk a block down the road and I get out of breath. None of my clothes fit anymore, and I am having trouble breathing. I keep telling everyone that I am going to lose weight and I never do. I am really dissappointed in myself, and I have been reading this book called, " Harvey Walden's NO EXCUSES! FITNESS WORKOUT". It has really got me motivated, and I plan on sticking with it this time. I just want some moral support from others, I think that would really help me. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi. My name is Krystal and I am 19, and I weigh in at approximately, 270 pds. I have had real problems with my weight my whole entire life... I sound like I have been alive for decades, lol!... I am trying to change my life around. I have heart issues in my family. My father has a pace maker in his chest, and my mother, about a year and a half ago, had a heart attack. She is still alive. I seem to be developing some heart problems, and I think they are from just being obese. I want to show to my fiancee and my mother and my sister, which are the three loves in my life... well, besides God, that I can lose weight. Since June of last year, I have gained over 50 pounds, and I am just not satisfied with myself. I love myself, but I know that I am obese and I have to do something about it. I just want some support, other then my fiancee and my mother. I ask my fiancee to help me watch what I eat, but he doesn't really stick to it. It's not his fault either, because it takes me to not stick that food into my mouth. But, we are supposed to be getting married in a year or more, and we are trying to have a baby, and I just want to get fit for myself. I have noticed things here lately that just don't make me too happy. I can't even really walk a block down the road and I get out of breath. None of my clothes fit anymore, and I am having trouble breathing. I keep telling everyone that I am going to lose weight and I never do. I am really dissappointed in myself, and I have been reading this book called, " Harvey Walden's NO EXCUSES! FITNESS WORKOUT". It has really got me motivated, and I plan on sticking with it this time. I just want some moral support from others, I think that would really help me. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :smile: welcome.
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    Glad you are here:happy:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it's good that your deciding to change your lifestyle now while your still so young, you've got your age on your side! I was into my late 20's when I started and it's hard to break tough habits, but now that you mind is set you'll have better luck. Also finding this site has been a life saver for me, you'll meet some really positive people, and get tons of advice and motivation. Anytime I feel like eating something junky, I just check out the posts and it helps me to stay focused!! Good luck, I know you can do it!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Glad you found us. :smile:
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    Thank you for the words of wisdom peejbp. And thankyou everyone else for being so welcoming... I guess that is the work.
  • ARKsMommy
    Options
    I too am new here and I wish you the best of luck Im sure you can accomplish your goals!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I wish there was something like this around when I was your age.:happy: I and perhaps I would of learned to eat healthy and not ended up with all the health problems in my older years. You are so smart to take care of yourself now .:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Kmjgrant! You can and you will...it takes practice to make a healthy lifestyle change and just keep at it...we're here for you!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here.....welcome aboard! You can do this, there are such wonderful supportive people on here and the tools are really helpful! Just monitor what you eat and get in exercise when you can.....you will succeed!!!