Carol Brown just took a bus out of town

Options
minizebu
minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
...but I'm hoping that you'll stick around.

So, I'm just a little bit bummed out today. I don't know why.

I like to keep my cadre of MFP pals to less than twenty or so. This is a manageable number for me, allowing me to cheer on a few folks on while being cheered on by them.

Although I've added some cool new MFP friends this week, in the past week I've also lost four MFP pals:

1) I removed one friend because, although I initially enjoyed her sense of humor and irreverence, her commentary on the community boards and on her own page was sometimes NSFW.

2) I removed another friend because, although she was very committed to health and fitness, she was about 1000 years younger than me and I'm not sure if she was ever obese, so it's kind of hard for me to relate to her.

3) My very first friend deactivated his account two days ago.

4) Another MFP pal unfriended me because I questioned the mathematics of one of her recipes. She had about 400 friends, so I guess she didn't need Miss Thang here challenging her arithmetic.

Also, two more of my new-to-MFP friends have stopped logging in the past week.

So, is there anyone else out there who wants to be my friend? I am a bossy, opinionated, serious, intense, know-it-all, "The Emperor has no clothes!" kind of gal. Be prepared that I am just as likely to support you by saying "Hey guy, get off the couch and exercise!" as I am by saying "Whew! You killed it on the treadmill today!".

Replies

• shell22holmes
    Options
    FOTC? I'm in!
    You can add my if you want, I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, and puppies with bows!!!!

Don't be bummed, things happen for a reason.....
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    You can add me! I log in every day. :smile:
  • Clowasa
    Options
    I will stick around! Always looking for new people to encourage.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    No.....
  • Chellie_Bellie
    Options
    You can add me, I'm here everyday, and always looking for friends that are involved in the journey.
  • mamasamantha79
    mamasamantha79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love for you to add me. I had lost 78 lbs but now it's down to 66 because I started making soft choices and not logging in every day. I am determined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No.....

hahahaha!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just checked out your profile to see if we had anything in common & it seems that we are the same height & close to the same starting weight. I also believe that unless the woman is as tall or taller than her SO then she should weigh less. I have always believed that and TRIED to live by that too - of course there are exceptions to every rule...lol

Add me if you like b/c I like your attitude and I definitely NEED someone to tell me to get off of my *kitten* when it is called for !!:laugh:
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Seriously...you can add me :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    While I get that most of us want MFP friends that share some sort of common bond, your requirement list on your profile is a bit of a long read. Personally - I don't want to feel that I need to fit someone's exact definition before they'll even consider me. Or that just because you don't like my profile picture, I won't be considered.

To each his own, but I would rather friend now and cut later (and vice versa) if the fit's not there.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am generally an encouraging person but need a reminder now and then :smile:
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    who organized all of my ex girlfriends into a choir and got them to sing?
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    also, just read your profile and had to laugh
    at the beginning of my journey, me (5'6") and my other half (6'0") weighed the exact same amount LOL
    <3
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    No.....

hahahahaha....................Mean S.O.B................ She should avoid you!! :wink:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, just lol.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You could add me. I had a chuckle at your profile page. Don't know if you will like my profile page but I do. I'm posting several times a day as I still have a bunch of weight to lose.
  • ghettobanker
    Options
    Hey...stop that beating on yourself. Let me give you a story. I am 53 yr old blk, male, with high blood preasure, cholestoral, and Diabetes. I am 6'4" and weigh this morning 289lbs.......down from a grand total of 386lbs. I will gladly be you MFP and supporting, coach, hopefully a good guide. I am very active....that is key. Not a gym rat...hat gym. I will share various secrets that do work. Remember...variety is the spice of life.

I have done weight management on my own and with guidaince from a wonderful hospital plan. Hell Dr. Oz was by to give it prompts and they kicked his butt around. So believe me, they are good.

Take care
    Russell

PS Secret is high protein intake min. 100g per day, lower carbs, do not be a calorie nut, and get this.......water, water, water, water....(various non-caffine/sugar forms), OH and Exercise....mix it up.....a lifestyle change type....kayak, swim, ski, walk, and any other thing
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You had me at FOTC
  • RebeRobin
    Options
    I'm new here so I am always looking for more support and if I can be helpful in anyway then I will :)
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't go on the forums too much. But you've made me smile by making me sing a fabulous song with the title of your post. So feel free. That, my dear, is enough reason alone :)
    (PS 31 yo, 2 yo sprog, work too much. need to lose another stone-stone and a half ish)