heart rate monitor straps

Options
Does anyone have any issues with their heart rate monitor straps causing irritation and chafing? I am looking into getting a HRM but I have very sensitive skin and lots of loose skin from the weight loss that chafes very easily. I already have to use body glide for the waistband of my shorts and my bra. I know there are strapless versions out there (I have been looking at the Mio Wacthes) but I also know that the ones with straps are more reliable.

Replies

• lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO Classic....its strapless and it seems to always be accurate and its the only one I've found so far that you enter your weight as well as age and resting HR.
    most of them don't have you enter your weight and are based on an "average".
    I really like it.
    :smile:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You are amazing and an inspiration! I think its Polar that actually makes a sports bra that you put the HRM into or has it built into. You should look into that and save yourself the extra spot of irritation. Good luck
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    I have a polar and have not had any problems with chafing but in the instruction booklet it does say that it can be worn over clothing as long as the clothing has been moistened in the area of the sensors. I also have noticed that the tighter I wear the strap, the less it moves. When I first used it, it was too loose and would ride down while I was running. I love my polar f6 couldn't live without it!

297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yep Polar. Try this link and see if it might work for you. http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/CardioSportsBra
  • nitronutah
    Options
    I have had 3 Polar HRM and never had any trouble. Also, I'm pretty sure you can get support bra's that have a spot for the sensor, so it doesnt need a seperate strap.
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just used my polar f4 for the first time, and they told me when i bought it that they just changed the straps. mine is cloth, and comfortable. I have a huge skin issue if anything is too tight and I have a lytex allergy, which means usually any type of rubber will give me welts.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I too have a polar and I have no issues. I wear a faja (I think its a girdle in English) but it is the very thin nylon type and i wear the strap over it or between my bra and the top of the faja and no issues. no chafing and no misreading either.

I love it!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 as well and have no problem with the strap. It fits so well I forget it's even on! :flowerforyou: