unexepected news

smb0701
smb0701 Posts: 234
edited September 20 in Chit-Chat
Hi all! I've been gone for a while, I know. I just found out I'm pregnant and i Have been giving in to my cravings, all of them. Things i don't normally like I've been craving, such as soda. I stopped drinking soda about two yrs. ago and with this pregnancy that's one of the things i seem to crave the most, right next to shrimp fried rice, i can't seem to get enough of it. So in a nut shell that's what i have been up to, just eating. talk later:):flowerforyou:

Replies

• melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Congratulations!!!! I don't know if I am "old school" or not, but I believe that all bets are off during pregnancy...Not going insane with eating, but nourish that baby!!!!!!

When I was pregnant, I craved processed meat (like slim jims, gross!) and I could not get enough beef......My bld work showed that I was anemic...My body was telling me I needed the iron in the meat!!!!! That's just an example of listening to your body......

Good luck!!!!!!
  • Congratulations! I think it's very important to keep your baby healthy, but there's nothing wrong with splurging and giving into those cravings sometimes! You're pregnant! Enjoy It! :flowerforyou:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Congrats. :happy:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :drinker:

Just food for thought (and God Knows I Remember The Cravings!!!!!!). The baby only needs 300 calories a day in addition to your maintenance calories. Just thought I would throw that in there - since I just heard that from a pregnant friend the other day.

Congratulations again... :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • flygirl2010
    flygirl2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats!... Well.. from experience.. drink A LOT of WATER and eat your 3 meals (whatever you are used to eating) and then splurge reasonably. Go for those cravings (just put a little thought into the portions). I did this when I was pregnant with my son. He was born 8lbs even, 22 in. long and I even lost 16 pounds. I really think it was large amount of water intake. (flush, flush, flus)... Most important.. ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Congrats!!! Make sure you are eating & drinking (I would skip the soda for the most part!) , just don't buy into that whole "eating for two" deal....trust me! Best wishes for a healthy & happy pregnancy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    sorry it took so long to get back. thanks for all the encouraging words i appreciate it. For the most part i am still watching what i eat, minus the soda, but i promised myself i would fight that craving and its been going well so far. thanks again you guys.:heart:
This discussion has been closed.