Do you eat the same things everyday to stay on track?

Options
13»

Replies

• Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a variety. This is less boring and gives a wider variety of nutrients. If you need some menu ideas go to everyday heath meal planner. Its a great tool
  • summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch. I generally make 3-4 different meals for dinner in a two week span which leaves lots of leftovers that I then rotate. I don't tend to get bored of eating the same thing and if that happens it's usually six months after eating the same thing and then I mix it up for a few weeks and then go back to the same old thing.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I use Mon-Fri menus, for sake of time and also b/c it relieves me of having to figure out what to eat for lunch/dinner during the week (both for myself and for family). So, I generally eat the same thing for lunch during the week and it's something I prepare and then freeze on Sunday. Dinner is diff every night, but the menu is planned out on Sunday. My snacks generally don't vary too much during the week. Sat/Sun, since I am not as pressed for time, are more flexible and I don't plan ahead (unless I have brunch/dinner plans).

I'm basically in the same boat. For convenience sake (and also in the name of keeping costs down), I usually prepare a breakfast, lunch, and snack recipe on Sunday and usually agument them with the same snacks, too. Most recipes seem to be for 4 people, so it's close to having one serving per day. Then, the only meal that's left to prepare is dinner. I do it because I don't really have the time during the day to prepare them each day and going out to eat usually isn't beneficial to my schedule. But they do have the added benefit of being able to copy the previous day's menu for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack entries.
  • tmpeter32
    Options
    I try to eat the same stuff during the week! I normally eat a larger breakfast on the weekends. Scrambled eggs or pancakes is always a yummy treat on the weekend.

I'm still trying to find out what's best for me to eat and try to keep me full the longest!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get into a routine like this. Take the potential for making a bad decision out of the equation. Put together a list of go to breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack idea.s

I pack my lunch most days but some days I go out with the gang for lunch. I put together a small list of go to restaurants and go to meals at each one of those restaurants. So when I walk into the place, I don't have the temptation of getting the 2lb burrito or the mile high pastrami sandwich.
  • reteed
    reteed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a 28 day menu plan loaded onto MFP so that I can log Day 1 breakfast, Day 1 lunch, Day 1 snack, Day 1 dinner and I usually log my food the night before. I go to the grocery store with a list of items needed for the next 7 days meals. If we happen to go out for dinner with friends, I check my meal for dinner and make adjustments. (I know what I'm going to order before I even get to the restaurant.) If I'm over in calories, I adjust the other meals throughout the day and I might not get a snack that day or I might do without my serving of carrots at lunch. For example, if you look at my diary for today, I am using my day 3 meal plan. However, this morning I had scrambled eggs so I deleted my day 3 breakfast and inserted my day 5 dinner (tacos), then deleted the tortillas I would have normally used for tacos and inserted scrambled eggs. This afternoon I plan on going to the gym to burn my extra calories and lift some weights. All will be well in the world at that time! Tonight after dinner after I close everything down, I will log my day 4 breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner and will be ready for tomorrow. Good luck and have fun! :happy:
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do you eat the same things everday while trying to lose weight or do you change it up? I think part of my 'not being able to stay on plan' is because there are SO many food choices and I get overwhelmed. I know it's not ideal for long term (boredom) but I think I might try making a week or two meal plan and just have the same things everyday. Might allow me to stick to my calorie goal better without impluse choices ...

The first time I did this, I lost 30lbs over about a year and had an extremely varied diet.

This time around, for easiness and for the fact that I know it will help, I have a couple lunches that I know the exact calories/content of and a couple of dinners of which I rigidly stick to, just so that I know where I am in the day. I'm going to the pictures tomorrow with my boyfriend though and I think our plan is to get something to eat out, uh oh! :P
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No I like to mix it up a bit.

The only thing that might really be a repeat are my snacks.

Laughing cow cheese is a snack staple for me! I usually mix up what I put it on. Like right now I am using the cracked pepper triscits and when they are gone I will switch to something different.

I am also doing no carbs (bread, pasta ...) after lunch so my afternoon snack is typically always apples and something to go with it. Next week I'm planning on boiled eggs as a snack staple.

I guess I tend to try and use things up so thats why i have the same thing for the whole week. Give it a try and see if it is something that works for you! Good Luck!
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    I eat the same things because I'm way to lazy to plan variety for myself and the food I eat gets the job done.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I shop for the following:
    Onions
    Broccoli
    orange Bell peppers
    Chicken breast
    beef for stir fry
    Yakisoba noodles
    rice
    canned tuna
    whole wheat bread
    eggs
    ground beef and ragu pasta sauce

I chop and prep all my food, you can see pic in my profile.
    Then Pre make some tuna, Mayo w/olive oil and sweet relish
    then pre make my ground beef and ragu sauce
    put them all in containers

When I get home I have a choice of what to eat:
    -- Tuna-fish sandwhich and tomato soup
    -- Sitr fry chicken and rice
    -- stir fry beef and noodles
    -- Spaghetti if I want some more calories

Now you don't have to do it this way, it just works for me. The idea is just to HAVE FOOD AT HOME TO BE COOKED AND READY TO EAT IN UNDER 8 MINS. NO GOING OUT TO EAT!