Appreciate what you have lost and keep going!

Right now I've lost 47lbs and there are days that I tend to forget how far I've come. I get frustrated that I have 23lbs to go but then I remember there were mornings I would wake up and say “You have 70lbs to loss.” To this day I can't believe that I was 190lbs and now I'm 143lbs. So much as changed and when you are at your top weight just starting out you try and tell yourself “It's just a number I'm the same person and will be the same person.” I can only speak for myself but no it is way more than that. When you begin to loss the weight and gain that confidence back that you realize that you have lost people treat you different. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. I've known this from other people but when you loss the weight people will say “Good Job!” but in the long run some will make rude comments and try and bring you down. I'm getting that a lot or people saying I won't be able to loss the last 23lbs. Two years ago that would bring me down but now it is my fuel and causes me to push on so I can show them I can do it.

Each day I remind myself that I am doing this for me (and a little for my husband. What? I want to be sexy for him too). To make myself feel better which will allow me to do more things I would have never done when I was heavy. I didn't realize how much I didn't do because of my weight. Before I wouldn't go to the store until really late at night because I didn't want to see anyone I know. Now I get dressed and go at the busiest hour and I feel fine and shop without wondering what people are saying or dodging people I went to high school with because I am so ashamed that I'm so big. I hang out with friends now that I avoided for years because I felt so uncomfortable sitting with them and they knew me as this skinny girl that wore whatever she wanted but, at the time, it is the middle of summer and I'm trying to cover up.

I appreciate my husband because he started dating me when I was 165lbs and stayed with me when I reached 190lbs. He always called me beautiful and sexy (I don't know how he said that with a straight face). He has seen my struggles and now is finally seeing a new me. He no longer sees me cry on the weekend when I'm trying to find an outfit to wear but everything is too tight and looks awful. If he can stay with me through all that then I guess he is going to stick around lol. He is now telling me “Please, don't start wearing my clothes.” I said “What am I still too big or something?” He said “No, I just don't want you stretching the chest out.” LOL I do have a tendency now to grab one of his shirts and wear it around the house.

Sure it is okay to have your bad days but remind yourself how much you have gone through and achieved.

PS. Trying to find an old picture of me at 190lbs. I didn't take many pictures that year :/

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!